IGNORED

Coleco Turbo "Prototype" RELEASED !

Bushie2600

Nope...not me. For a few reasons...the biggest one was how the game was loaded into an emulator so quickly (most people wouldn't have rom dumping equipment).

Bushie2600 hat asked for ROM dumping help in the Hardware forum!

That being said...it's a good thing that Thomas is honest ;)

Hm, at least sometimes. ;) :P

Yeap...sure enough...it takes a while but the proof comes out at a score of about 2003.

This is some fine work Thomas. However, you have now cast doubt regarding any future Prototype discoveries. Simple because now we have enough homebrew talent available to actually create false prototypes. Turbo is now a very good example.

Color me impressed by the hoax...but disappointed in what this could mean for future prototype discoveries.

:roll:

This is some fine work Thomas.  However, you have now cast doubt regarding any future Prototype discoveries.  Simple because now we have enough homebrew talent available to actually create false prototypes.  Turbo is now a very good example.

Color me impressed by the hoax...but disappointed in what this could mean for future prototype discoveries.

Actually this was one part of the reason why I made this hoax.

After I saw the McDonalds prototype I asked the very same question you are asking now.

IMO it's better to be careful than wanting to believe everything is for real. We had enough frauds lateley. Guess what would have happened if that Airworld fake would have been done more professional. That guy was (and maybe still is) trying to make money!

Hi there!

Uhm... why? Either it is some useless garbage like the McDonalds prototype, where nobody cares wether it is a fake or not, or it is a complete playable game, where nobody cares wether it is a real prototype or not either.

The only guys that need to worry are the ones who really pay $1000+ for such nonsense and they don't deserve any better :D

Greetings,

Manuel

While googeling I found that Coleco means Conetticut Leather Company.

This info has been in Phoenix since the first edition in 1994!

Yes, and I had hoped somebody would recognize the obvious link. Didn't work. :(

I've always known Coleco stood for Connecticut Leather Company, but I didn't make the connection this time (until you posted it of course). Sorry :P

I've always known Coleco stood for Connecticut Leather Company, but I didn't make the connection this time (until you posted it of course). Sorry :P

And then Bushie especially meantioned Hartford. I was 100% sure that someone would bite.

Anyway, the hoax still worked, just not 100% as expected. :)

BTW: Did anybody find the solution inside the game yet? Post a screenshot! :)

"Coleco Turbo "Prototype" RELEASED !"

This topic title sounded a bit suspicious to me coming from Bushie, whom was asking a lot of questions about Atari hardware and prototypes. If s/he didn't know about protype value/history of Turbo then why would s/he write that it was "released" and that it was definitely a "prototype" ?

Also, the Coleco, Connecticutt Connection ( C C C ;) ) I noticed, but didn't say anything. Also, Thomas was the first to mention Turbo on the Stella list.

But I've been busy, so I didn't get to post anything else until now. DAMN! I was hoping my initial skepticism of this game's existence would be proved wrong! :x

Good One, guys! This beats the hoax they are trying on us with Duke Nukem Forever!

"Coleco Turbo "Prototype" RELEASED !"

:idea: The original topic was "Coleco Turbo Prototype Discovered !". I changed it when we decided to finish the hoax.

Also, the Coleco, Connecticutt Connection ( C C C  ;)) I noticed

Wow, not even I had noticed that! ;)

Good One, guys! This beats the hoax they are trying on us with Duke Nukem Forever!

Thanks! :)

The best way to test if he's really Australian is to ask him what beer he drinks and who his hero is.. (It should be Fosters and Crocodile Dundee...or the Crocodile Hunter). And how come he doesn't say "G'day"? :? This is looking suspicious...  :x

Oh puuuullleeeezzzz,, Give me a break. What century are you from pal?

Noone drinks fosters except for tourists

Crocodile dundee was nothing more than an embarresment, The crocodile hunter is more popular in the states.

Would you like to hear some UNIVERSAL generalizations about americans?? No? I dont want to give them because forunately im not that ignorant or arrogant.

:lol: Do you always fall for trolls so easily? :lol:

It was a joke dude :) ;) Nukey obviously got it :D

Hmmm accelerate eh thomas. I should fire up this damn game and try it out. It's almost after April 1 here on the West coast so let the damn cat out of the bag already ya bastards! :D

Well nukey gets the gold star then,, Sorry but it wasn't funny. You see some people are a bit sensitive at the moment with country bashing whether its "a joke" or not. I read some appalling french bashing thread somewhere here and it ended up with the originator saying,, Oh, I'm really sorry etc,, Cut the crap more like.

BTW, yes, i did see it was meant to be a joke,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well son of a ...

:D

I've been back and forth on this the whole time. Nice going! Right up until the end I wasn't sure if it was real or not (which is the best kind of hoax). I was actually disappointed for awhile, thinking that "well... I guess this is all we're going to get for Turbo. Too bad."

I'm still sticking with my "it looked too much like the mockup" point. I think if it had looked a little different, I don't think I would have doubted it at all. The score in a different position, the cars a little different looking. Something to show that it had gone through typical changes from concept to execution. The ROM looked like a cut-and-paste animation of the mockup, rather than a real game. But man... it sure had me going. I'm impressed, and I tip my hat to everyone involved with this evil conspiracy. (Especially getting it to run in Stella. Few homebrews do that anyway.)

Boy... don't ya just hate people who make up fake games just for an April Fool's joke? ;)