IGNORED

Odyssey2 and Fairchild Channel F?

Retro Lord

I've been stuck with Atari 2600 programming for a long while now, and when I finish my current project I'd like to move on but I've been unsuccesfull in moving on, but I got interested in these 2 consoles and I was wondering if there are any well documented guides on programming for them.

Thanks!

I sort of "moved on" to the Odyssey 2. It is assembly, but it's a lot easier assembly. I say that because I have made games with Odyssey 2, but not Atari 2600, assembly. I have a whole bunch of games that I made and posted the code on in a link in my signature if you want to take a look. The annoying thing with Odyssey 2 coding though is that the code is split up into "pages" of 256 bytes each. To get out of a page, you need to either "jump" to (using "jmp") or call a section of it (using "call"). Simply using "jz" or "jnz" will not work if that area is outside the 256-byte page. It may sound harder than it actually is, though.

Edited by atari2600land

Retro Lord, have you ventured into own assembly language programming yet on the Atari 2600, or mostly made games with Batari BASIC? If a higher order language is desired, you might want to narrow your search for target systems to those for which there are compilers or interpreting environments.