IGNORED

Alpine Games final run

Duranik

Mine is en route. I think I heard this can't fit into the lynx 1? Does that mean only that the door cannot close but the game will load, or the game card cannot be put into the cartridge slot due to the plastic design? I have a lynx 2 anyways, but typically prefer using the lynx 1 when playing.

What happened about the bonus cart? It was only mentioned in one of the update emails. Would have liked to have had this too, but really I'm just happy I managed to snag a boxed copy after missing out last time.

I have mine on its way along with the game, but i asked for it as soon as Duranik posted new game re-release announcement on AA. I was told that it is out of stock and they may produce a small batch for interested people.

Duranik, many thanks for the cool new cart designs. May I ask ..

1 the reasoning behind the circular cross imprint? I see in fact that the circular hole in the red PCB has been filled with something.

2 the plastic grip attached to the PCB.. Do you have any more I/we could buy for other PCBs such as Yatsuna?

3 what is the plastic grip attached with? Super glue?

Duranik, many thanks for the cool new cart designs. May I ask ..

1 the reasoning behind the circular cross imprint? I see in fact that the circular hole in the red PCB has been filled with something.

2 the plastic grip attached to the PCB.. Do you have any more I/we could buy for other PCBs such as Yatsuna?

3 what is the plastic grip attached with? Super glue?

We used the existing cart design from Lynxman as we thought this final run would only be around 50 carts. So creating a new batch was to expensive

the hole is in the PCB to get it out of the Lynx1 i think, we designed the plastic case to fill the hole.

After we announced the final run we got much more than those expected 50 carts, so we had to make a new run of the PCB anyway, we tried to remove

the hole in the last minute but the tooling for the case already started and the carts were ordered so we just had to accept it.

We have more of these Plastic cases left, if anyone wants to buy some, drop me a line

It is some industrial glue, i don't know the exact name but the combination pcb>plastic is good for any glue i think, its not hard to attach these

• Like 1

Mine is in NY right now. Hopefully it makes it to me soon. :)

I'm also interested in the bonus cart if they are available again.

Later this summer we might ge some more of those bonus carts, write a mail to ag-reserve@duranik.com if you don't want to miss it.

We expect a very low amount of carts again

We used the existing cart design from Lynxman as we thought this final run would only be around 50 carts. So creating a new batch was to expensive

the hole is in the PCB to get it out of the Lynx1 i think, we designed the plastic case to fill the hole.

After we announced the final run we got much more than those expected 50 carts, so we had to make a new run of the PCB anyway, we tried to remove

the hole in the last minute but the tooling for the case already started and the carts were ordered so we just had to accept it.

We have more of these Plastic cases left, if anyone wants to buy some, drop me a line

It is some industrial glue, i don't know the exact name but the combination pcb>plastic is good for any glue i think, its not hard to attach these

Hello duranik thanks for your replies. So, the plastic cases would only fit PCBs with the circular hole?? If so I am happy to purchase some from you for the PCBs I have that are like this.

Hello duranik thanks for your replies. So, the plastic cases would only fit PCBs with the circular hole?? If so I am happy to purchase some from you for the PCBs I have that are like this.

If your cart looks like this http://atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_06_2008/post-12435-1213721737.jpg

it _should_ fit (can't see how tall this chips are bit i guess the same size) otherwise you can probably make it fit easily with some minor "craftsmanship"

and something like this http://www.dremeleurope.com/at/de/multifunktions-werkzeugsystem-6006-ocs-c/

I GOT 'EM!! :D Got the package today (10 June). The carts are FANTASTIC! I was already expecting that to be the case after seeing pics of them online, but what blew me away is the quality of the Alpine Games box! in all seriousness: BEST. BOX. QUALITY. MATERIAL. EVER!!!

Thank you again guys for making this run for all those like me who not only missed the game but the bonus cart the first time around. Much appreciated :)

• Like 2

I GOT 'EM!! :D Got the package today (10 June). The carts are FANTASTIC! I was already expecting that to be the case after seeing pics of them online, but what blew me away is the quality of the Alpine Games box! in all seriousness: BEST. BOX. QUALITY. MATERIAL. EVER!!!

Thank you again guys for making this run for all those like me who not only missed the game but the bonus cart the first time around. Much appreciated :)

Thanks for the kind words thats very nice !

We were a bit worried about all this shipping as this

was almost too much for us to handle but it went really smooth

till now, also a big thanks to the Lynx community, no

complains or anything about packages not yet deliverd or anything,

everyone was patient, thanks !

Actually we got a lot of motivation to probably do one more Lynx game

whats the game you guys would like to see the most

- a "Lotus" style game

- something "Giana Sisters"

- a "Flashback" thing

- some easy to pick up "Dragons Lair" type

This is just for a little brain storming, no promises if we ever find the

time to do the actual thing. Now all i want to hear is LOTUS.

• Like 4

What's a LOTUS type game? Driving like Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge on the Amiga?

I'd like a horizontal shoot'em up like Gradius/Nemesis but I didn't see that in your list ;)

Rgds

BadPricey

Yes, 2d scaler ala Outrun, Lotus Esprit 1/2/3

Ohhh noo, a horizontal shmup really ? ;)

• Like 2

Yes, 2d scaler ala Outrun, Lotus Esprit 1/2/3

Ohhh noo, a horizontal shmup really ? ;)

Ok in this order

1. Outrun

2. Outrun

3. Outrun

4. Outrun

5. Salamander :)

If you can get Outrun and music I will forget the shoot 'em up

Rgds

BadPricey

Edited by BadPricey

You know I'm a sucker for ports, and games similar to the ones I love on other systems.

River Raid, Demon Attack, Dig Dug, Yars Revenge, H.E.R.O......

You know what would be awesome, a compilation cart with several 2600 titles. The games shouldn't take up much memory and I think would be a really fun project. If copyright is a problem, then a compilation of knockoffs of popular titles would be cool.

• Like 1

I got my copy of Alpine Games the other day.

I must say I'm very impressed with... well everything! Cool packaging, amazing cart and down to the important bit, a great game too!

Thanks Duranik!

I must say I'm a complete sucker for a damm good driving game so I'd say a big YES for a Lotus/Outrun/XJ220 style game! I'm sure you'd get a great deal of support from the Lynx community if you did decide to go for it.

Go on, you know you want to! ;-)

• Like 2

My copy came today, it is excellent! I think this will replace california games for awhile as my quick pick up and play for 10-15 minutes game. A shame it doesn't fit in the lynx 1 (my preferred lynx), but as with most people, I think it is preferable to have the plastic encompassing the cart. The cart quality and the material quality of the manual and box is top notch! I also enjoy the little character descriptions in the manual! There's so much intrigue behind the scenes of this innocent alpine competition! (in true 1990s form, none of which is actually part of or material to the game :-D )

The graphics are really impressive! Some of these mini games easily look like they could have been parts of gameboy advance games, a handheld that came out 11-12 years after lynx!

For Duranik's next lynx game, my input would be the following!

1) Flashback style game
2) Top down shooter like zarlor mercenary!
3) Lotus/outrun style game

Edited by sirlynxalot
  • Like 3