IGNORED

Issues with 'Bounty Bob' on a modified 130XE

Hi all,

I don't know how many of you have 1mb Ultimate and VBXE installed into your XL/XE computers but I had one of my 130XE's modified recently. I have to say that I was quite excited :) It's been fun and it's certainly re-energised my enthusiasm for the 8 Bit Atari computer.

Recently I've been using the following Utilities and Menu Makers that I've had on disk for years:

Alpha Menu Maker

Ian K Menu Maker

Rob C Musical Menu Maker

MultiBoot

When it came to putting 'Bounty Bob Strikes Back' onto a menu, it read from high speed menu (Ian K) to normal 1050 speed menu (Rob C) without issues. When the data loaded and the game begins I cannot control anything with the joystick and he will only jump which is rather bizarre. I unplugged my modified 130XE and plugged my stock 65XE into my 1050 and the game wouldn't even load or work at all and then I tried my stock 130XE and the game worked fine. How can it be that it won't work at all on my modded 130XE with all the extra ram onboard? I tried all different settings on the BIOS and still it wouldn't work :?

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Rachel ;-)

Edited by PlayingTheAngel

Ultimate1MB takes over some memory locations in the computer that are normally used by the chip that's connected to the joysticks (PIA). Software that uses the official methods of reading the joystick are OK, but Bounty Bob uses one of these unusual locations to read the joystick ($D3F0), and so it doesn't work with U1MB installed.

• Like 4

Ok... Now with correct sound, i think... This Game is tricky...

Thank You very much!!!

Haven't tried all the levels yet, but I did notice this version fixed the SYSTEM RESET bug on screen #2.

This looks like it might be the best file version of BBSB I've seen.

This also works on the Incognito Board which the Cartridge DID not and the many different Files of bounty bob

Also Had the basic issue, NO JOYSTICK always ran to the left of the screen.

So, this file now works !! Thanks!!

• Like 1

This also works on the Incognito Board which the Cartridge DID not and the many different Files of bounty bob

Also Had the basic issue, NO JOYSTICK always ran to the left of the screen.

So, this file now works !! Thanks!!

Exactly! That's where I was having a problem now that I have an Incognito, and BBSB didn't work at all! Hooray for nobody! (Hmm, that sounds odd....)