IGNORED

Treasure Island Dizzy

CyranoJ

CD-R has been burnt and works well: great Job Mister Cyrano.

The background music makes me think of Nyan cat: that kind which quickly gives you the need to kill all your neighborhood with a spoon :o

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 1

Here we have some deco for the CD and its box:

CD box sleeve: NmYi.jpg

and CD cover: F2XV.jpg

Please note this one is collector as it is the only one where you can see Cyrano taking a bath...

No idea if the Dizzy is more afraid of jumping amongst sharks or in the same water where Cyrano is bathing :D

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 6

is anyone else having issues running this on real hardware?

i have tried it on both M and K models now and all i get is black :(

i have tried it in abs / rom / uls cd forms and they all produce black screens

it seems to run in virtual jaguar however, most frustrating

is anyone else having issues running this on real hardware?

i have tried it on both M and K models now and all i get is black :(

i have tried it in abs / rom / uls cd forms and they all produce black screens

it seems to run in virtual jaguar however, most frustrating

You mean besides me? Who already left post about the black screen and asked if it worked on CD? Yes. I've tried burning it twice and running it on my Jag CD and after the ULS screen I get black too. I have no idea how any others got it to work.

So you haven't been able to get it to work with BJL or skunkboard either? All I have right now is Jiffi to make CD's of the .abs stuff, but this is the first .abs file CyranoJ posted that hasn't worked for me.

Edited by Gunstar

You mean besides me? Who already left post about the black screen and asked if it worked on CD? Yes. I've tried burning it twice and running it on my Jag CD and after the ULS screen I get black too. I have no idea how any others got it to work.

So you haven't been able to get it to work with BJL or skunkboard either? All I have right now is Jiffi to make CD's of the .abs stuff, but this is the first .abs file CyranoJ posted that hasn't worked for me.

ok i think i have an answer to this mystery

if you upload treasure island dizzy from a cold boot you get a black screen

if you flash cybernoid then imediately flash treasure island dizzy the game loads

this must be due to setting and leaving the jaguar ram in a state that the game likes, that's the only thing i can think of.

perhaps a patch to set the entire range of jaguar ram to 00 apart from where the game is uploaded to before the game executes would fix?

ok i have done some more tests and if you dont have a skunkboard try this: load a game cybernoid for example, then power cycle the jaguar / jaguar cd extremely fast as theres no cd eject reset code and load treasure island dizzy via cd, iff my test are anything to go by it will work

it does work with other games over about 700k it seems

Thanks for the tips. I try this eventually, but I already tossed out the two CDr's I made thinking they were worthless coasters, so It will have to wait until I buy more CDrs.

I found one of the discs I made of this game today, so I guess I only threw one away. I tried what you suggested loading Cybernoid first then swap discs quickly and it worked! That's really strange, you can flash and power cycle and re-flash the Skunkboard and I can do the same with CD swapping. Yet others seem to have no issues either way.

Are you using a Jag CD with the skunkboard plugged into it? Or are you just skunkboard straight into the base unit? Did you test this with a CD, or just with flashing and just suggested I try out on CD?

I ask wondering if it has something to do with the CD unit and not what model Jag you use.

I have a model K Jaguar. My Jag CD is model J8800, made in Dec. of '95.

i have actually tried it all ways, and ended up with booting llamatron from cd, hot plugging in a skunkboard resetting then flashing treasure island dizzy

by resetting, i didn't have a treasure island dizzy cd to hand when testing I have done the jaguar reset button mod

i expect it wouldnt take much modification to mod matthiases boot track source code from his website to load cybernoid from a cd track then load treasure island dizzy from another then execute treasure island dizzy

well, I don't have to go through that whole process omf seems to be doing, just loading some other ULS disc and then swapping out seems to work for my copy. That's fine.

• 4 years later...