IGNORED

Show support for a TRS-80 Sub-Forum, post here

In the thread A Commodore subforum on the horizon? we discussed the possibility of a TRS-80 / Tandy / Radio Shack sub-forum. I think it would be great to have a place to specifically discuss CoCo gaming (and to easily search topics). Al didn't seem opposed to the idea, so let's show our support for the idea. Post if you think it would be a nice addition to the AtariAge website. I know the CoCo fanbase is not large (but, I suspect it is larger than many people think) and I know that it is an effort to start and keep a sub-forum, but the CoCo in the past few years has gotten some great devices (like DriveWire and the CoCo SDC) to make gaming easier to get into and enjoy.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Count me in! Proud owner/user/collector of a Model I, Tandy 2, Color Computer 1, 2, and 3, and MC-10 here! (Who also hopes to add a Model 100 and PC-2 sooner or later.)

I would just say that a general forum for all Radio Shack/Tandy computers would suffice. With so many different lines and models it would get out of control if there were subforums for each. At the very most, a Model I series subforum and a Color Computer series subforum. Classic Computing General is good enough for the rest.

I would just say that a general forum for all Radio Shack/Tandy computers would suffice. With so many different lines and models it would get out of control if there were subforums for each. At the very most, a Model I series subforum and a Color Computer series subforum. Classic Computing General is good enough for the rest.

I can say right now that I would only create a single forum.

And somewhere I still have a Model 100. Makes me sad that most laptop/notebook computers these days have such atrocious keyboards (and I'm looking at YOU, Apple, for accelerating this trend).

..Al

• Like 5

I'm a big fan of the Tandy 100 series (I still use my 102, in fact!), and I know there are several AAers who are fans of the CoCo and Pocket Computer series, so I'd love to see a dedicated Tandy / Radio Shack subforum. But, as Albert says, I think only one is sufficient. Subforums are nice, but it's also important to avoid scope creep.

A single forum is all that is needed and would be great. Tandy may be the best name or TRS-80 and derivatives.

MarkO, did you get the huge game zip file off the CoColist? Gustavo S. optimized the game files off the colorcomputerarchive to play on the CoCoSDC. It works great.

• Like 1

<< SNIP >>

MarkO, did you get the huge game zip file off the CoColist? Gustavo S. optimized the game files off the colorcomputerarchive to play on the CoCoSDC. It works great.

No... I have been "slow" getting through the CoCo List the last 30-45 days..

I will go back and look for it...

Thanks for the Info...

MarkO

Edited by MarkO

To me, THIS was a TRS-80...

news-20100921.jpg

The CoCo never quite did "it" for me personally, although with OS9 it was able to accomplish quite a bit more than I ever thought it would. I bet after all these years it would surprise me what people have accomplished with the CoCo.

Some day I *MAY* to dip my toe back into it, but I've yet to hear of a compatible LCD screen that would fit in the unit in an aesthetically pleasing way... but that fabric glare screen would cover some minor modification flaws. :)

One of my biggest wishes though is to have a DOS environement like TRSDOS, NEWDOS 80 or DOSPLUS for my current classic computer. With the new UberCart for that platform I believe it's now possible, but interest seems low for that concept.

A Mod III or IV would be really cool with a couple of Lotharek HxC's, an LCD screen and a high-res board. Getting rid of the CRT would remove a lot of weight and give extra room to mount some extra stuff internally too like a Lantronix UDS-10 and a WiFi bridge. Heck, I'd probably mount a speaker internally too.

When I can find enough extra time to split my attention off a little more, I'd love a to have a TANDY/TRS-80 forum. That way I would be able to come to one specific place on Atari Age to get updates.

• Like 2

To me, THIS was a TRS-80...

The CoCo never quite did "it" for me personally, although with OS9 it was able to accomplish quite a bit more than I ever thought it would. I bet after all these years it would surprise me what people have accomplished with the CoCo.

Some day I *MAY* to dip my toe back into it, but I've yet to hear of a compatible LCD screen that would fit in the unit in an aesthetically pleasing way... but that fabric glare screen would cover some minor modification flaws. :)

One of my biggest wishes though is to have a DOS environement like TRSDOS, NEWDOS 80 or DOSPLUS for my current classic computer. With the new UberCart for that platform I believe it's now possible, but interest seems low for that concept.

A Mod III or IV would be really cool with a couple of Lotharek HxC's, an LCD screen and a high-res board. Getting rid of the CRT would remove a lot of weight and give extra room to mount some extra stuff internally too like a Lantronix UDS-10 and a WiFi bridge. Heck, I'd probably mount a speaker internally too.

When I can find enough extra time to split my attention off a little more, I'd love a to have a TANDY/TRS-80 forum. That way I would be able to come to one specific place on Atari Age to get updates.

Have you looked at the Lo-tech IDE interface?

Edited by JamesD
  • Like 1

TRS-80 subforum? That'd be nice. Despite all the models, one subform would work here. I have nearest in Model III and 4. And the early pocket computers.

We can include the model number in the thread title to help sort things out if needed..?

Edited by Keatah

Yeah!!!, why not?, a Tandy forum would be worth popping into from time to time, they are by no means my favourite machine-but I have always had a soft spot for the Tandy machines, I currently have a CoCo 2, a Dragon 32 and a Dragon 64.

I would still like t get my grubby mits on a CoCo 3.

• Like 1