IGNORED

Bloodborne

cimerians

I signed up for Gamefly to give this a go. They said it shipped out, so it should be here soon. I would still prefer a proper Demon's Souls sequel with a hub world with very different worlds. This world looks pretty cool and kind of reminds me of Nightmare Creatures, so I'll have to wait and see.

I'm going for a Skill focused Lone Survivor but I'm tempted to restart with a professional or troubled childhood just to get a jump on endurance and skill. Since offense is more a key in this game I want to use lighter stuff and be able to move and dodge faster.

The game is creepy as all hell. More of a horror game for sure.

I need to practice parrying with the gun because I am so used to having a shield up constantly in past games. Kind of irked they didn't give you that as a viable option, but I'll keep at it since I barely started. I do love the health regain system and hope they bring that back for future games be it a standard feature or a special ability.

The health regain system is great and I'm getting used to dodging and I almost never lock on. If I do lock on it only hampers my dodge ability....then again I'm playing a more agile/skill based character rather than a tank.

I read about the dupe item exploit. I tried it out and it does work, I only gave myself 20 or so more blood vials cause I don't want to cheat. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I picked it up not going into it that it was going to be harder than hell. I ended up trading it back in because we live in an age where you can't get a refund for a game being too hard or poorly made. :thumbsdown:

Of course I disagree. :thumbsup:

The game is definitely not for everyone and there's no secrets about it, the series has been around for a while now and it's obvious what it is.

My rule of thumb is if I have doubts on a game, I buy it when its at a bargain bin..... or remote play a friends copy cause the PS4 has that feature now.

I couldn't get into it and it didn't "click" with me like the other games, but I get how it is different. I don't consider it a bad game or anything, it just seems like after Demon's Souls each game takes a few steps forward as well as a few back. I decided to return it to Gamefly and probably would have spent more time with it if I didn't have such a giant backlog. Eventually I might get a GOTY type version if they ever decide to release something like that. Until then I can buckle down with Demon's Souls.

This is actually my favorite version of the series besides Demons Souls (maybe). Only reason is cause I prefer a little more offense....and a hub like there is in Demons along with the utter creepiness. Dark Souls was great but I never finished the second one so I can't really say.....maybe the second Dark Souls is the creme de la creme? Scholar of the First Sin is out now.

I played some Demons Souls when it came out, but did not get into it that much. Skipped both Dark Souls. Liking Bloodborne allot more and plan on sticking with it. Need to give Demons Souls another chance now that I understand more about how you are suppose to play these games.

• 2 weeks later...

I 'THINK' I'm about halfway through the game and it's simply amazing. I did hit a wall at one point near the beginning and was wondering what I was doing wrong. lol Then you find an alternate path or something and you get a renewed sense of excitement.

I've never played a game in the 'Souls' series so this game is my first taste. I'm liking the taste of blood.... err Bloodborne :)

Some of the surprises are intense and I keep finding myself tempted to venture on but when I have enough blood echoes to level up or get some new goodies I am torn. Sometimes I end up pushing too far and losing them (yes you can retrieve them) but sometimes you die before you can retrieve them... that's a bummer, but also a great part of the charm!

Looking forward to spending more time in this strange world... uncovering all it's secrets.

After playing this... I am tempted to get the other Souls game in the PS4. But not until I am done with this one.... and that could be a while. lol

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Story about that. I guess my Tardis brought me back to the forum before the games are released. As the other person mentioned, the games will be available on March 6.

Yeah, the way it works is the PS+ games become available on the first Tuesday of the month, and they are announced the Wednesday prior.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother convinced me to play this game, though initially I told him I really don't have time to invest in a game with such a learning curve and commitment. After playing two sessions of 8(!!!!) hours in a row with my brother I also kicked of a second run in parallel and already pumped more hours in this game than any other in my collection.

It's easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time at this point :D

The lore and art alone make it worth to check out the game. Its just done so incredibly well..

Edited by Ninjabba