IGNORED

JAG games you have beaten

Atlantis

It was the first time It had happened for me, but if we're talking about the same giant head, this is merely the completion of the first galaxy. Of eight.

It's the boss - a head - of the first galaxy I'm talking about. It's 4 galaxies. If you beat him, how did you do it? Just regular shots?

Why I ask is that the gamefaqs walkthrough don't give any comments on how to take down the boss, i have the codes for the 4 galaxies but want to complete it myself, with a little help on how to.

And you need to complete all 8 planets before you get one shot (with the lives you have with you) and it's kind of boring playing these planets over an over. So...

The most powerful regular weapon in Cybermorph is the Incinerator. The Thunderquake super weapon is extremely powerful as well. The final boss planet in Cybermorph has numerous bosses, with two Heads and several Centipedes. I used a combo of Thunderquakes and the Incinerator to defeat the boses and the triple and double shot to take out the weaker enemies. Try to go into the final battle with max ammo for the Incinerator, Thunderquake, Triple and Double shot.

Thanks for good hints, I will put Cybermorph on pause. If you put some time into it, it is a enjoyable game. You roam around in a 3d world and collect stuff, much like Super Mario 64 (coins, stars) but with a little more focus on weapon upgrades than stars...

Will give Wolfenstein a try now. I think more and more it's great that Jag have both Wolfenstein and Doom on it. I like Jag, how it looks, the run of all its hardware upgrades. like the control (I think 3 action buttons is just the perfect amount). The first commercially successful FPS (Wolf 3d) along with the first MASSIVE commercially successful FPS (Doom)! What more do you need for real, of wait lets throw in AvP, exclusive! Few games but essential ones.

It's the boss - a head - of the first galaxy I'm talking about. It's 4 galaxies. If you beat him, how did you do it? Just regular shots?

Why I ask is that the gamefaqs walkthrough don't give any comments on how to take down the boss, i have the codes for the 4 galaxies but want to complete it myself, with a little help on how to.

And you need to complete all 8 planets before you get one shot (with the lives you have with you) and it's kind of boring playing these planets over an over. So...

Me, I save up missiles -- only use 'em to knock out a few buildings in one of those planets, then I'm free to fire upon the Big Giant Head. Only four galaxies? I guess that's still kind of a lot.

Me, I save up missiles -- only use 'em to knock out a few buildings in one of those planets, then I'm free to fire upon the Big Giant Head. Only four galaxies? I guess that's still kind of a lot.

Yeah, it is a lot but less than 8.

I will come back to this game, since I like it, but now I will focus on beating some easier games. Wolfenstein and such.

Have a great Jaguar beat 'em theme summer, Spacey.

Edited by Atlantis

I had a late-night breakthrough a few weeks ago with Cybermorph in which I beat the giant head after the eighth planet. It was the first time It had happened for me, but if we're talking about the same giant head, this is merely the completion of the first galaxy. Of eight. Mind you, I've been playing this game since I got my Jag for $40 from Kay Bee in 1997, and this is the first time I've seen the second galaxy. I'm uncomfortable in this new world.

In any case, though, I think you may have gotten 1/8 through. Thanks to this thread, I come to realize I've never beaten a game on the Jaguar. So I guess I know what my summer project is.

The headhunters? I fly forward ahead of them (since they follow you) and drop mines. Usually two or three kills them.

You got your Jaguar from Kaybee as well? I called all around Dallas and found that Kaybee had three left for $30 a piece. A friend of mine and I bought two, and before another could get the last one someone else bought it. That was about 1999. As far as I know that was the last Jaguar in a retail store in Dallas.

Edited by doctorclu

The headhunters? I fly forward ahead of them (since they follow you) and drop mines. Usually two or three kills them.

I guess later into the game, you really need to get everthing out of all the different weapons. It's going to be a hard nut to crack. I might give up, but not just yet.

True. I primarily like the Mines, the double and triple shots, and the weapons which destroys buildings as a preference.

Cybermorph took me about five days of leaving the Jaguar on and on and off again play to solve the first time. Then I think it was three days. There are passwords to load the different star systems, you can select any world on those systems. And before you play a round there is even a secret world with weaponry to weapon up! :D

You got your Jaguar from Kaybee as well? I called all around Dallas and found that Kaybee had three left for $30 a piece. A friend of mine and I bought two, and before another could get the last one someone else bought it. That was about 1999. As far as I know that was the last Jaguar in a retail store in Dallas.

Looks like you beat me by $10. A friend of mine sort of forced the issue, and I was at the time sort of "with" the magazines, that the Jag was utter rubbish. After a wild summer that involved beating Cybermorph scores, followed by phone calls boasting about it, we promptly changed positions -- I loved the Jag, and he dumped his on me to move to Reno.

Those were good days for finding deals, and it's hard to imagine bumping into cartridges on clearance for less than $5. They couldn't give 'em away, and now here we are trying to figure out how to get a copy of Atari Karts without brown bagging lunch and selling the car. So I got my Jag brand new for $40. If I knew then what I know now I'd have bought six.

Yeh but like everything 1) You didn't have $200 to spare on something you weren't going to use. 2) You didn't have room to store the five extra boxes for 17 years to wait till the things became valuable.

I hear it all the time and this is just an example: "Man if I knew they were going to be worth $900 a pop I would have bought them out". Well, no one did, that is why they are worth $900. :P

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

Yeh but like everything 1) You didn't have $200 to spare on something you weren't going to use. 2) You didn't have room to store the five extra boxes for 17 years to wait till the things became valuable.

I hear it all the time and this is just an example: "Man if I knew they were going to be worth $900 a pop I would have bought them out". Well, no one did, that is why they are worth $900. :P

Furthermore, even if I hurtled backward through time via Delorian or a hot tub or whatever, past me would not have believed time-traveling present time me, speaking nonsense about this dud of a stillborn console being worth riches. "Buy six?" Past me would ask, "are you with the CIA or homeless or schizophrenic, or what, mister?"

Glad I did take the plunge that day, though. And glad my buddy dumped his jag on me four years later. If only I knew someone in real life into this crap I could play network Doom and party like its 1994.

20 years ago I beat:

Kasumi Ninja

Doom

AvP - Predator, Alien (Got security level 9 on marine but saved at a really bad spot and couldn't recover)

Recently I beat:

Another World on 3/27/15 (2h 42m 46s)

Alien Vs. Predator Marine Scenario on 5/6/15 (10h 18m 49s)

Here are my HLTB completed game submissions with times: http://howlongtobeat.com/user.php?n=Hyper_Eye&s=games&completed=1&h=date_complete

On Friday I took a Jag, 3DO, and a 7800, as well as games for each and some PS1 games, to a local venue where they had a retro gaming event all night. The Jag was the one that I was really stoked about taking and it was the console people commented on the most despite there being a lot of cool stuff there. I took AvP, Super Burnout, Missile Command 3D, T2K + Chaos Reins rotary, and Iron Soldier. Of course everyone wanted to try AvP but nobody wanted to figure out the game mechanics. At some point I sat down and played a good 30 minutes of the marine scenario. When I got home after the event I really wanted to play some more. I had the save from 20 years ago when I got stuck with security card 9. I decided it was finally time to return to it so I started a new game and I've been playing it every night since. About 15 minutes ago I completed it. It felt great. It's one of those things that you absolutely intend to get around to but it just never happens. Well I can check that box.

Now I'm looking forward to adding more Jag games to my completed list. Over the years I concerned myself so much with completing my collection that I never really spent much time actually playing the games. The high score club has certainly helped with that from time to time.

Top candidates:

Flashback

Syndicate

Wolfenstein 3D

Towers 2

Iron Soldier 1 & 2

Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands

Alice's Mom's Rescue

Elansar

Philia

Edited by Hyper_Eye

You should see if you can beat Zool 2. Seriously, it'll be a lot of fun.

That video was amazing. Makes me feel better about my past "rages".

I wish it didn't happen, but sometimes, I just get so caught up!

I once ejected True Crime from my Xbox and "frisbee'd" it at a wall after getting pissed off with the immediate stop collision detection in the car sections (races) in the game.

Friends joked as pieces of the disc randomly appeared in different areas of my apartment many weeks afterwards.

Usually it's the controllers that bite it though, tbh ;)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've beaten, since I started in jan 2015:

- Attack of the mutant penguins

- Ultra vortek, on normal

-Total carnage in 2 player mode, though not accessed the pleasure dome

-got all records on Super burnout, but only rank B on tournament... so maybe that one doesn't count

I'd like to add to the list:

- Doom (w cheats ofc)

- Flip out!

- Alice's mom's rescue

- Wolfenstein 3D

- Aircars

That's an awesome picture there, Saturn! I wish all ski towns had Jaguar commercial like that!

• Like 1

I played through

Atari Kart

Chekered Flag

Battlemorph

Iron soldier

I-War

Hover Strike

Hover Strike cd

Protector

Protector :Special Edition

Superburnout

Super Cross 3d

Ultra Vortek

Gorf

World Tour Racing

Président of the Retro-gaming Connexion.

Edited by ARETHIUS
  • Like 2

I played through

Atari Kart

Chekered Flag

Battlemorph

Iron soldier

I-War

Hover Strike

Hover Strike cd

Protector

Protector :Special Edition

Superburnout

Super Cross 3d

Ultra Vortek

Gorf

World Tour Racing

Président of the Retro-gaming Connexion.

Awesome, I've been playing a lot of Super Cross 3D at work lately.

I (finally) beat Towers II Friday night at 11:59PM.

post-2188-0-09968100-1438627514_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I hear ya. For me it was one tough game all around. Took a lot of switching spells, constantly having to eat (it seemed) and sleeping in the middle of battles. Then, if I accidentally ran out of food in my inventory and was too low on magic to create more, which prevented sleeping to restore magic, while pinned in a corner by variants of an elemental that could only be killed by magic, made for a frustrating experience lol. Plus, some of the puzzles were freakin insane. At one point I had to backtrack between 9 or 10 floors when I hadn't been on those floors in so long I'd forgotten how to get back.

All that, and I believe I was still missing one spell. Great big blank spot on the scroll between Levitate Up and Aura of Death. If it exists, I assume it's lightning of some kind and if they're all found in sequence, it should be on the 6th Floor but I've spent way too long looking already.

I saw the ending sequence so that's good enough for now :cool:

post-2188-0-34939000-1438814879_thumb.jpg

Those pics are nice, Saturn!

Can you estimate how may hours you've put in playing Towers II?

Thanks Isgoed!

The pics are screenshots from my Diamond VC500.

Extra info:

This baby also allows me to play at work on my laptop by only lugging around a Jag instead of a monitor/tv/lcd screen/whatever, as well. (Purchased and reluctantly sat on the vc500 for 2-3 years until updated drivers were released that were compatible with Win 7 and higher. Within the last 6 months or so, they were)

As far as hours put into the game, legitimately, I have no idea. I ordered this copy from Songbird a couple weeks ago (bc I dreaded the thought of trying to dig out one of the other 2 copies I have in storage-which are sealed. And no clue how I got "sealed" copies anyway since it's not packaged that way afaik) Then, every moment of free time was applied to the game, all the while compiling notes for a walkthrough. Enabling God Mode here and there to get past the likes of Jaret and Salvon (tough bastards!) But then have to calculate in usage of the thread here at AA with info on the Test of Magic, which if I hadn't found I'd very likely still be stuck. Then replaying based on "necessary goals only" which reduced the entire game to about 6 hours.

I'd say 60 hours as a rough estimate lol. Very rough (as in too many variables to be any more accurate than that) :P

Beat AVP (all 3), Wolf 3D, Cybermorph, Iron Soldier, and Iron Soldier 2. IS2 has a very hard second to last level which took me days to get past, but when I did I felt like a warrior. AVP required some paper drawings of air-vent maps to assist in making it through. My only disappointment with AVP was the fact that no marines got to make it off the base with me... and where's Newt?!

Have gotten stuck on level 96 of T2K and am in the process of attempting to beat Battlemorph. Instead of playing I-War, I played through and beat Assault Rigs on my PS1- does that count?!

Edited by ave1
  • Like 1