IGNORED

Mario Party 10

omegadot

So I haven't played a Mario Party since 2 or 3, but I gotta say, as much as I hated motion controls they are a thousand times better than the old 'rotate the stick as fast as possible' that used to dominate. Actually really enjoying this iteration. The Wii U continues to have my favorite iterations of so many of Nintendo's franchises. The board game Amiibo mode I find especially enjoyable.

I'm avoiding this game and will continue to boycott Mario Party games until they get it right. Hudson no longer makes these games its a group called ND Cube CO.

I...actually I should say we.... can't stand vehicular based progression where everyone playing is bunched together in a car forcing everyone to move together on a map and doing the same things and fighting the same bosses. I hated Mario Party 9. This review pretty much sums up how I would probably feel about Mario Party 10.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, if you like it that's great but these games are divisive. Some people like them, some people don't and prefer the older games.

One reason I still have my Gamecube/Wii around. :)

I'm avoiding this game and will continue to boycott Mario Party games until they get it right. Hudson no longer makes these games its a group called ND Cube CO.

I...actually I should say we.... can't stand vehicular based progression where everyone playing is bunched together in a car forcing everyone to move together on a map and doing the same things and fighting the same bosses. I hated Mario Party 9. This review pretty much sums up how I would probably feel about Mario Party 10.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, if you like it that's great but these games are divisive. Some people like them, some people don't and prefer the older games.

One reason I still have my Gamecube/Wii around. :)

I had more or less classified them all as first party driven shovelware, to be honest. My wife likes them so I figured eh, I don't get to control all the gaming. I'm pretty sure the board game amiibo mode doesn't cluster you, I only played it once before my post. Since then we played the Bowser mode. I definitely don't consider it any sort of timeless classic but I'm really enjoying the heck out of it, myself. I get why others wouldn't care for it, though.

Well the one thing I'll say for it is that it is better than 9. The mini games are better

I don't like being couped up in one vehicle either and I wish you could still select how many turns you want to play. I used to select 50 turn games and play ALL DAY with my girlfriend. The gamecube 4-7 ones are tops, IMO

I didn't think 8 was bad at all. I really liked hitting the dice block by swiping the Wiimote up. Why do 9 and 10 use wii motes but have practically no motion controls? You hit A to hit the dice block.....lame. I never thought the motion controls were intrusive in 8, the game simply didn't have the vast amount of content the GC ones did, which held it back.

I could help Nintendo design the perfect Mario Party... They always seem to mess a few things up per game. Even the gamecube ones had their flaws.