IGNORED

VCS Encyclopedia "Coming Soon"

bfstats

I'm looking forward to getting this. Hoping to help some more whatever is needed. I like the enthusiasm for the hobby and the collectibility.

Phil

I just started adding Amazon links to the book on some of the Atari-related pages of my web site.

I don't quite get it... why are people excited to have a book that book that has erroneous information?

especially when said 'correct' information is available for free and more accuratly on the internet which everyone has? (at least to everyone who has ordered the book)

I don't quite get it... why are people excited to have a book that book that has erroneous information?

especially when said 'correct' information is available for free and more accuratly on the internet which everyone has? (at least to everyone who has ordered the book)

Seriously? Come on man... We are loyal followers to what over 99% of the general public would consider a dead and gone video gaming system. We (you and I) are fans of what is probably the worst video gaming trilogy of all time. The majority of people outside of this realm would consider paying hundreds of dollars for an unopened copy of Waterworld insanely stupid. For many having a book in your hands still feels better and it's fun to look through. When it comes to collecting they still print coin books, stamp books etc. every year. Many people would say that's it silly to collect old video game cartridges when you can play them online for free??? Your response sounds like a remark my wife might make. Edited by bigfriendly
  • Like 7

Random Terrain, thank you for adding my book to your web page. I really appreciate the shout-out!

Thank you to everyone who has picked up the book so far. I hope that everyone is enjoying it thus far.

For those in Europe and the UK just an update on the Amazon side of things there. It is up on the site but still says "usually dispatched in 1-2 months". From what my printer has told me it shouldn't be anywhere near as long as that, although it is still likely a few weeks out. Unfortunately that's all the info I have on it at the moment as apparently the Amazon system is automated, so nobody has a specific date for me yet.

I bought one from Amazon.fr (France) yesterday.

I'll watch the real delay. I'll report here when it will be available/shipped/received. So we'll know.

Thanks.

I greatly appreciate it. And wow, I was totally unaware that it was even showing up on the French Amazon site. Learning something new every day. ;-)

And wow, I was totally unaware that it was even showing up on the French Amazon site.

I tried to buy it from Amazon USA: shipping was very expensive (more than 15$). I tried to buy it from Amazon UK: shipping was expensive (about 10$).

Then I looked for it on Amazon France: book's price was about the same, but shipping was only 0.01€... Better deal!

• Like 1

I bought one from Amazon.fr (France) yesterday. I'll watch the real delay. I'll report here when it will be available/shipped/received. So we'll know.

Amazon just sent a email today: "estimated delay is now: june 11th 2015 - july 07th 2015". Let's see and wait.

Your response sounds like a remark my wife might make.

It's funny because it's true. (relating)

Torr, cmon… lighten up ;) I'm Canadian also and we all know how you newfies talk… you have your own dialect.

I intend to use my books on the Coffee table so it gives my friends something to do/read while I'm kicking their butt on the Atari 2600 while beating their azz.

• Like 3

It's funny because it's true. (relating)

Torr, cmon… lighten up ;) I'm Canadian also and we all know how you newfies talk… you have your own dialect.

I intend to use my books on the Coffee table so it gives my friends something to do/read while I'm kicking their butt on the Atari 2600 while beating their azz.

Torr's been crabby all week. In another thread, he accused a handicapped guy of trying to scam everyone by making up a story about getting his stuff stolen.

Come on Torr, it's spring - hasn't the ice melted on your little part of the coast up there yet?

Price on this was a bit of a shock. I own quite a few gaming related books that are half read. The $50 tag makes me want to read those first and see if the price drops on this one. Or wait and buy all volumes together whenever that happens.

• Like 1

$50 isn't much, if you use a different base for currency. For example, two large pizzas with extra toppings and drinks (at a good pizza place) is about $50. So therefore, the book only costs two pizzas. Seems like a pretty good price to me.

Although now I want a pizza... :ponder:

• Like 3

Bought the iBooks version - rather disappointed to be honest, none of the layout or graphic design shown in the print version preview images is present - very vanilla, looks like an early 90's website :-(

Is the PDF at all like the book visually?

sTeVE