IGNORED

[LYNX] Rewritable Multigame Cartridge

jfmateos

I am pleased to announce that my USB drag and drop Burner (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223165-watara-vectrex-flash-cart-rewritable-multigame-cartridge-available/?hl=%2Bmvrmc&do=findComment&comment=2948633) will be soon compatible with Atari Lynx.

Every cart will be able to hold 16 up to 256kb games, or 8 up to 512 games.

This is the last prototype

XCRIv.jpg

Thanks to everyone supporting my developments.

Edited by jfmateos
  • Like 13

that looks really swell. I am looking forward to seeing more of this. I imagine you use a different connector than the one for the vectrex cartridge.

any idea what the cartridge is going to look like (size, knob or otherwise)? Keep us posted!

Size is just the same as a regular Lynx cart. The Lynx connector is in one side, and the burner connector is in the adjacent side.

The rewritable cart uses a rotary switch, just like my other developments, and it can be attached into Lynx I and Lynx II.

Edited by jfmateos

Wow, that looks great and would be useful to play the rarer games on a real Lynx and help in home-brew development.
Only thing that looks "fragile" is the knob. Are you going for the same one with the Lynx cartridge ? I would fear it would break off especially on a portable device.
Although maybe a bit less user friendly, might something like a DIP switch not be a better solution ?

StijfDW, I will keep the rotary switch because I find it easier to use than dip switches, but probably I will use a shorter shaft.

The first 10 PCBs have already been ordered and I should get them before the end of this month... if there is insterest, I will order more PCBs, but probably they won´t be ready before summer (june-july).

Yes the price for the first batch will be 26€ for the burner (compatible with Vectrex, Supervision/Watara, BitCorp Gamate and Atari Lynx... more in future), 24€ for each 16in1 Atari Lynx cartridge, and 6.55 for the worldwide registered mail (up to 100g).

You can find more information about other consoles cartridges in my web: http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/mvbd-mvmc-3/faq

Next batchs could be a bit more expensive (1 o 2 € more) because of euro depreciation.

• Like 1