IGNORED

Help Burning games?

Video

Well, this may be in the wrong forum, but I figured here was good, and didn't actually notice a "technical" forum. Oh well, should be a quick move if it's more appropriate somewhere else.

Where do I get an Eprom burner, and where can I get the chips? From my understanding, they're not very expensive, and I'd like to dupe some of my games because they're old (and hard to find for most)

I'd prefer an online place (someplace besides eBay)

Oh, and how do you hook it to your computer, will it come with everything you need?

This is something I've become intensely curious about myself. Since collecting carts of rarities 7-10 is for the most part beyond my budget, it would be great to be able create homebrew copies just for my own personal use.

Surfing a similar thread (in the Hardware section http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18957) a reasonably priced burner was listed - http://www.futurlec.com/EPROMProg.shtml

I would love to know if this burner can be used to create all or most of the games out there. I know it is much easier to create 4K games using Pixels Past's circuit boards that are available on AtariAge, but I recall reading that boards allowing for higher memory games would be avaliable soon, as would cart cases.

Maybe someday one of the very knowledgeable and helpful folks who haunt Atari Age can put together a small set of step-by-step instructions for burning games. It would be a big, big help! :-)

Thanks for moving me, I didn't even think of this forum.

I'd like an Eprom burner to try out some games (some homebrewers say they work better on the 2600 than on emulators)

I'd also like to burn some proto games, like Garfield (I really wanted that, to bad it was never released :( )

There's some eprom stuff at the bottom of

the links section of my webpage. I'd start with 4k games first and then work your way up (there's an 8k bankswitch circuit there also, no 16k one yet). Garfield is an 16k game so don't do that one right away.

John

• 3 weeks later...