IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

people going on pages-long rants calling eachother idiots because someone didnt think Super Mario Bros was still popular on April 18th, 1990 at 3:47 PM yet when I ask a simple question about if cancel culture stopped production of any of your favorite shows, the topic gets locked immediately 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, dudeguy said:

people going on pages-long rants calling eachother idiots because someone didnt think Super Mario Bros was still popular on April 18th, 1990 at 3:47 PM yet when I ask a simple question about if cancel culture stopped production of any of your favorite shows, the topic gets locked immediately 

Are you trying to get this topic locked? Please don’t. The difference is that your post represents an incendiary hot button culture war political topic and people’s bizarre beliefs about Super Mario Brothers do not.

They may both make people mad at each other but in this case only one person was mad and everyone else was simply bemused. This isn’t a street corner, you do not have unlimited free speech, and careful moderation is the only way to keep a community rooted in good feelings and friendliness towards one another alive and well. If anybody had seriously felt attacked by namecalling I am sure @Albert would have stepped in here too.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, dudeguy said:

Don't bring up things like "cancel culture" here on AtariAge and you'll be fine.  There are plenty of other places on the internet to discuss hot-button topics like that without bringing them here.  And I, and I'm sure others, would prefer not to know someone's political leanings and how people feel about "cancel culture", "wokeness", and other similar issues.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I just want to clarify that just because I made that topic, don't make assumptions about who I vote for or what my religious beliefs are (or that I have any at all.) I don't have any allegiance to any doctrines or set of beliefs that are normally attributed to someone who would go out of their way to make that topic. I felt it was strictly pertaining to entertainment media (video games, movies, TV, music) because that's primarily what Im here for, not to argue about life or death issues that we can hear about on Facebook and Twitter 24/7. I couldnt care less about the stupid culture war this versus that BS that pervades every facet of life these days, I just cared about the entertainment, not the message behind them or the "morality" behind the cancelations. If Hitler wrote a really a good sci-fi novel I would still read it, as I would a similar novel written by Nelson Mandela.

2 hours ago, dudeguy said:

I just want to clarify that just because I made that topic, don't make assumptions about who I vote for or what my religious beliefs are (or that I have any at all.) I don't have any allegiance to any doctrines or set of beliefs that are normally attributed to someone who would go out of their way to make that topic. I felt it was strictly pertaining to entertainment media (video games, movies, TV, music) because that's primarily what Im here for, not to argue about life or death issues that we can hear about on Facebook and Twitter 24/7. I couldnt care less about the stupid culture war this versus that BS that pervades every facet of life these days, I just cared about the entertainment, not the message behind them or the "morality" behind the cancelations. If Hitler wrote a really a good sci-fi novel I would still read it, as I would a similar novel written by Nelson Mandela.

When I said "stupid morons", that was called sarcasm.  I was deliberately exaggerating the other guy's attitude because he was being so comically rude for no good reason, particularly because his own position was so silly.

Now, why does this have to get invoked because you don't know better than to start a thread about the most inflammatory political issue going right now?  I somehow ended up on Double Secret Probation having to have my posts approved by mods.  Can't say for sure the two things are related, but the times like up with that conclusion.

Either way, what does anything I or turboxray said here have to do with you running afoul of an obvious no-no?  Why are you bringing us into it or bringing that issue here?

• Like 1

Dude's like -- I'll see your "don't talk about this" and raise you one "I'm gonna talk about this anyways"

4 hours ago, MrTrust said:

Either way, what does anything I or turboxray said here have to do with you running afoul of an obvious no-no?  Why are you bringing us into it or bringing that issue here?

Hopefully they ignore that and you never get an answer, because that's only gonna keep the discussion going.  We left it in a good spot with "morality" and Hitler's really good sci-fi novel.  No need to elaborate in a TG-16 thread.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SlidellMan said:

@roots.genoa Merci Beaucoup! By the way, The Manhole wasn't the only time that Sunsoft did publishing work for Cyan; they also published the 32-Bit versions of Myst in Japan on the PS1 and Saturn.

Sunsoft did more than publish them - they funded the original development of Myst (and I think The Manhole) and own all console rights in perpetuity. If you check any console ports like DS or PSP they all have the Sunsoft logo. Cyan would not have made it without Sunsoft.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

My Turbo Everdrive Pro made it in from Ukraine.  Now I need to grab a micro SD card and find some ROMs.  Any suggestions for the micro SD card?  Would a 256 GB micro SD card be able to handle the entire library?  Any particular brand suggested?

Keep in mind that much/most of the CD library is not playable without Japanese knowledge. There are a LOT of RPGs. I have a 32 GB SD card and it seems to do the job, though I think I may upgrade to a 64 GB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Keep in mind that much/most of the CD library is not playable without Japanese knowledge. There are a LOT of RPGs. I have a 32 GB SD card and it seems to do the job, though I think I may upgrade to a 64 GB.

I've been considering an experiment -  playing a Japanese rpg and using my phone's translation tools to see if A) it works and B) if I might learn a slight bit of Japanese while playing 

• Like 1