IGNORED

Why I got back into collecting ColecoVision...

TPR

It's okay I get a kick out of how you regurgitate knowledgeable individuals information (sometimes just picking what you think is right in some fashion) and blindly going about life not understanding any of it... I have a knob that goes to 11 i'll sell you.. LMAO

I spent 22 years in the video games business, around programmers, hardware guys, and engineers. I understand all of it. Just because I'm not using as technical "words" as you do, doesn't mean I don't get it. You're just being a jerk, that's all. When I said I didn't have a dog in this Juice/Yurkie fight, now I do. And based on how you've responded to me and many other people in this forum over your mod and your actions surrounding it, I'm 100% on Yurkie's side. You totally come off like someone who will screw another guy over for their own personal gain. I hope you don't sell very many of your HDMI mods. The person who is LMAO is me and it's at you.

I spent 22 years in the video games business, around programmers, hardware guys, and engineers. I understand all of it. Just because I'm not using as technical "words" as you do, doesn't mean I don't get it. You're just being a jerk, that's all. When I said I didn't have a dog in this Juice/Yurkie fight, now I do. And based on how you've responded to me and many other people in this forum over your mod and your actions surrounding it, I'm 100% on Yurkie's side. You totally come off like someone who will screw another guy over for their own personal gain. I hope you don't sell very many of your HDMI mods. The person who is LMAO is me and it's at you.

Just because you swept the floor around those guys doesn't make you anymore knowledgeable. If you think someone that is explaining something in a technical and logical fashion is a jerk then WOW there are a lot of jerks on this forum. Based on your other assumptions it's laughable that you could draw any logical conclusions on most things let a lone on a persons integrity. Your just a silly person my friend.

Just because you swept the floor around those guys doesn't make you anymore knowledgeable.

I was responsible for some of the best selling games in the 16-bit era and some of the most popular PC titles, so f**k you. Like I said, you're a jerk and slimy person who is screwing over another guy. I hope people see that your personality sucks and stop buying your crap.

I was responsible for some of the best selling games in the 16-bit era and some of the most popular PC titles, so f**k you. Like I said, you're a jerk and slimy person who is screwing over another guy. I hope people see that your personality sucks and stop buying your crap.

Are you telling me you were a programmer? If so please tell me how you could possibly program without knowing how the hardware worked? Or let me guess you were the guy behind the counter selling the games... Man it's got to feel great taking credit for all those other guys when your just selling other peoples work.... do tell us...

Are you telling me you were a programmer? If so please tell me how you could possibly program without knowing how the hardware worked? Or let me guess you were the guy behind the counter selling the games... Man it's got to feel great taking credit for all those other guys when your just selling other peoples work.... do tell us...

My resume is online: http://www.mobygames...veloperId,1771/

You're a jerk and I hope your business fails. Yurkie can have my cash from now on. In fact, maybe I should even look into funding a new project that he could use to compete against your HDMI mod. Hmm...I like that idea. Maybe I should send Yurkie a message...

I have nothing more to say to you.

You're a jerk and I hope your business fails. Yurkie can have my cash from now on. In fact, maybe I should even look into funding a new project that he could use to compete against your HDMI mod. Hmm...I like that idea. Maybe I should send Yurkie a message...

Please forgive me if for some reason I'm not really intimated after looking at your resume and your technical background. I do like how you just resort to calling someone a Jerk when you don't have any logical response. It reminds me of how a 3rd grade girl would respond.

Edited by juice2839

but if you did fund more projects that would be cool.

I do like how just resort to calling someone a Jerk when you don't have any logical response. It reminds me of how a 3rd grade girl would respond.

Says the guy who came into my thread making obnoxious comments and LOLZing at the end of it.

Why don't you take you and your attitude, wander out of my thread, go back to yours and try to sell your shady goods to other people. Or have enough people in that thread realized you're dishonest so you had to come over here and make waves too?

I went into the Yurkie/Juice debate totally neutral and indifferent to the outcome. Thanks to your comments and actions, I've chosen my side. I'm sure others will be doing the same, too. Congrats on being an AWESOME salesman.

Says the guy who came into my thread making obnoxious comments and LOLZing at the end of it.

Why don't you take you and your attitude, wander out of my thread, go back to yours and try to sell your shady goods to other people. Or have enough people in that thread realized you're dishonest so you had to come over here and make waves too?

I went into the Yurkie/Juice debate totally neutral and indifferent to the outcome. Thanks to your comments and actions, I've chosen my side. I'm sure others will be doing the same, too. Congrats on being an AWESOME salesman.

You went in my thread far from neutral or knowledgeable. You need to re-read your posts. I love how you throw all these personal insults out without knowing a single thing or any reasonable data. Pretty much how you seem to go through life.. Please do us all a favor and go back to producing or stealing other peoples work and taking credit for it.. or whatever you guys call it. I only have an attitude toward you and that's because I was provoked. If you can't back up your garbage opinions with facts your just being a waste of the written language or salesman. Again whatever you want to call it.

Edited by juice2839

I only have an attitude toward you and that's because I was provoked.

Absolutely nobody provoked you and you know it. There was nothing that provoked you to come into this thread and start making obnoxious comments towards me at all. In fact, I believe I even sent you a private message at one point showing interest in your mod. Although I'm not shady enough to post someone's private conversation in a public forum, so people will just have to take my word for it. And yes, I "re-read my posts" and at no point did I make any comments towards you that would "provoke" you to come in my thread and start harassing me. I asked you questions about your mod, and when you couldn't answer them honestly, (like telling me your HDMI mod has no sprite flicker when I know that's technically impossible) I asked more questions pointing our your inaccuracies. If my legit questions as a customer is what "provoked" you to harass me, then I feel very confident with my decision not to support you.

Now, please, can you leave my thread, go back to yours and try a little harder to sell your goods in an HONEST fashion? I'm sure you're a nice guy with a lot of technical experience. You should try convincing people of that rather than being obnoxious to them if you want your mod to be a success.

Absolutely nobody provoked you and you know it.

Actually, I believe you're wrong about that part. Here's that you said:

Yes, I know that. And I was saying I liked the 4:3 aspect ratio because it looked more square. (the actual image on the screen, not the pixels) Sorry my post went over your head. Maybe it was "too technical" for you. LOL

Over his head? Too technical for him? Sounds like fighting words to me...

Not taking sides here, just stating the fact.

^ That was in response to something he had said earlier to me. If anything, he provoked me! ;) That comment was totally reactionary to something he had written in his thread.

Look, I get it. Words were thrown around. I just think that the guy should stick to his own thread, work on fixing any relationship issues he has with Yurkie, and smooth out questions that people were having about his product. But instead, I feel like he came over here to start giving me crap because I was asking a lot of legit questions in his thread, and I think he didn't really like that.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Absolutely nobody provoked you and you know it. There was nothing that provoked you to come into this thread and start making obnoxious comments towards me at all. In fact, I believe I even sent you a private message at one point showing interest in your mod. Although I'm not shady enough to post someone's private conversation in a public forum, so people will just have to take my word for it. And yes, I "re-read my posts" and at no point did I make any comments towards you that would "provoke" you to come in my thread and start harassing me. I asked you questions about your mod, and when you couldn't answer them honestly, (like telling me your HDMI mod has no sprite flicker when I know that's technically impossible) I asked more questions pointing our your inaccuracies. If my legit questions as a customer is what "provoked" you to harass me, then I feel very confident with my decision not to support you.

Now, please, can you leave my thread, go back to yours and try a little harder to sell your goods in an HONEST fashion? I'm sure you're a nice guy with a lot of technical experience. You should try convincing people of that rather than being obnoxious to them if you want your mod to be a success.

I won't even begin to try to debate with you how sprites work or anything more technical then "Yes it makes a pretty picture" because it is just over your head. I am sorry if it makes you feel bad., There are so many situations with sprites and programming when it comes to flicker that it is just a ridiculous topic to use that as any kind of judgement. I know you don't understand and want a knob that goes to 11. I find it funny because anytime I get technical with you you then seem to just resort to name calling. again it's okay I understand the technical side is over your head, but please at least try to understand something before acting like you do.

Although I'm not shady enough to post someone's private conversation in a public forum, so people will just have to take my word for it.

But you are shady enough to call someone dishonest and other things with no proof or knowledge of the situation.........LOL

Edited by juice2839

I won't even begin to try to debate with you how sprites work or anything more technical then "Yes it makes a pretty picture" because it is just over your head. I am sorry if it makes you feel bad., There are so many situations with sprites and programming when it comes to flicker that it is just a ridiculous topic to use that as any kind of judgement. I know you don't understand and want a knob that goes to 11. I find it funny because anytime I get technical with you you then seem to just resort to name calling. again it's okay I understand the technical side is over your head, but please at least try to understand something before acting like you do.

Every one of your responses to me could have been something that makes you look like the "better person" and would want to make people buy your product. But instead, you've chosen to go the other route and belittle people. I don't think you're going to make any more sales by writing disparaging comments about other people, but that's only my opinion and you can choose to operate your business how you want. I'm not resorting to name calling because of anything "technical" that I do or not not understand, I created my responses based on my reaction to how you chose your words.

And no, it doesn't make me feel bad that I'm not as technical of a person as you. I have been perfectly successful doing what I do, and if anything it makes me feel sorry for you, because you could be so much more successful if your attitude wasn't so defensive. I was absolutely ready to be one of your first customers, send you the money, and hopefully be very happy with the product. But your responses has made me re-think that.

I've sent a lot of money to total strangers where the only interaction I have with them is what is written on this forum. And I base my decision to send them the money on how they present themselves here and how comfortable I feel with them. Take that for what it's worth, but if you're trying to sell a product, and I assume you want to sell as many of them as you can, perhaps your responses could be a bit more helpful to others instead of obnoxious? It's just a suggestion.

Regardless of our exchange, I would like to see anyone who is putting forth the effort to create something for a system that hasn't seen a retail shelf in 30 years be as successful as they can, and I wish you the best of luck.

Every one of your responses to me could have been something that makes you look like the "better person" and would want to make people buy your product. But instead, you've chosen to go the other route and belittle people. I don't think you're going to make any more sales by writing disparaging comments about other people, but that's only my opinion and you can choose to operate your business how you want. I'm not resorting to name calling because of anything "technical" that I do or not not understand, I created my responses based on my reaction to how you chose your words.

And no, it doesn't make me feel bad that I'm not as technical of a person as you. I have been perfectly successful doing what I do, and if anything it makes me feel sorry for you, because you could be so much more successful if your attitude wasn't so defensive. I was absolutely ready to be one of your first customers, send you the money, and hopefully be very happy with the product. But your responses has made me re-think that.

I've sent a lot of money to total strangers where the only interaction I have with them is what is written on this forum. And I base my decision to send them the money on how they present themselves here and how comfortable I feel with them. Take that for what it's worth, but if you're trying to sell a product, and I assume you want to sell as many of them as you can, perhaps your responses could be a bit more helpful to others instead of obnoxious? It's just a suggestion.

Regardless of our exchange, I would like to see anyone who is putting forth the effort to create something for a system that hasn't seen a retail shelf in 30 years be as successful as they can, and I wish you the best of luck.

TPR this is the first message toward me from you that makes any kind of sense. I totally love it. I am the first to admit I am not a salesman. Never was and never will be. If I come across as an technical arrogant A$$hole to you it's because I am using the only recourse I have in my arsenal. To be totally honest with you at the end of the day I could really careless about any of this. I mean 35 year old technology does not really rule my life. My daughter coming home from school and saying hi daddy when she comes in or I love you at night.. That's really all I care about. It's only on forums and such that you get to meet other people with similar interests and who remember childhood the same as you. I seriously would love to see people like you invest in cool projects. In fact I think it would be awesome if Matt took it up a notch and implemented the sound chip in his programmable logic so we could build a whole new CV.

Edited by juice2839

Ok enough of all this, let's get back to the main TOPIC of this thread, WHY YOU GOT BACK INTO COLLECTING...

TPR I was really wondering what that awesome collection of your's must look like. You've been collecting in a record time and you practically got all the games... Would you be willing to show a few good pics of that great collection? It's always really cool to see what other members have!

Cheers!

Ok enough of all this, let's get back to the main TOPIC of this thread, WHY YOU GOT BACK INTO COLLECTING...

TPR I was really wondering what that awesome collection of your's must look like. You've been collecting in a record time and you practically got all the games... Would you be willing to show a few good pics of that great collection? It's always really cool to see what other members have!

Cheers!

I've been actually thinking about doing this. It's been really fun for me trying to get "caught up" so to speak and maybe it's about time to start taking some pics of the entire collection to post. I know there is a "show us your collection forum" on another part of this board, but should I just do it here? Does anyone care either way or does it matter?

Today was a VERY good day for my collection! I had been out in Texas the last five days doing a film shoot for a small park who was opening up a new roller coaster, and if anyone is interested in what I actually do for a living, you can see some of my work HERE.

I went to our UPS box and quite a few items that I had ordered a little while ago were all waiting for me! And what a collection of items it was!

IMG_7679.JPG

First let's start with this Super Famicom NTT turned Colecovision controller that atariguy1021 made and let me say it works... AWESOME! I tested it out on Mouse Trap today and I just love it! I would highly recommend picking one up!

IMG_7680.JPG

Next up was an assortment of "Taiwan Cooper" boxed games that Nanochess was selling in his Treasure Trove. I have to be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of these and never bothered with them because I just thought they looked sort of cheap, but Oscar's price was great and I couldn't pass them up!

IMG_7682.JPG

I have to say though, upon closer inspection, these boxes are comedy gold! I think this one might be my favorite with the American looking girl with a cowboy hat eating a giant hamburger! Yes, this is exactly what all of America looks like! lol (Although, I have to admit, I did see a LOT of cowboy hats in Texas this past week!)

IMG_7681.JPG

The descriptions are even better! "avoid the little rotting creature and use insecticide to kill them!" Yes, the "insecticide" you get from the ice cream cones! LMAO!

IMG_7683.JPG

The artwork on this one is great, too. It's like a poster for the Al Qaeda "Shoot down the MD-80 Passenger Jet" video game! Wow...

IMG_7684.JPG

and then the obvious errors on the back of this box! Needless to say, I'm super happy I picked these up from Nanochess because they are just amazing! I'm bummed I never quite took a closer look at these boxes before. They are fantastic for all the wrong reasons!

IMG_7685.JPG

The next thing that came in arrived from Italy, and it was a collection of un-opened Sunrise Software games, including being shipped in an actual Sunrise Software box! BONUS!!!

IMG_7686.JPG

I'm not the biggest fan of most of these games, but I couldn't pass up NIB versions of them for what seemed like a pretty low price!

IMG_7687.JPG

And while not "sealed" (I'm assuming the Sunrise games never were?) they are about as minty as you can get!

IMG_7688.JPG

I also added a few CIB Parker Bros games to help complete my collection of those. I think I only have two or three left to get the entire collection of them.

IMG_7689.JPG

From Nanochess' Treasure Trove I also picked up Pang. I had the US version "Buster Bros" but I liked this homebrew game so much I wanted to get this version as well.

IMG_7690.JPG

It's a very well done homebrew of the original arcade game and it's one I'll probably eventually do a review of.

IMG_7691.JPG

And finally, I got in a NIB Time Pilot. While the front had some markings from where a price tag used to be, the rest of the box is in very, VERY good shape! And this is not one I had sealed in a box before...

IMG_7692.JPG

And sealed it is!

Wow, so that was quite the haul today! I think at some point I will start doing photos of my full collection. It keeps growing and I would like to document some of it!

Thanks again for reading!

• Like 7

the ntt data controller are very nice and i try to build them for the coleco for so many years... then i made it by using a cv controller pcb in a project box... when i saw the first grisp arcade pcb i ask him if he could do a full pcb but he refuse... than he made the ntt small pcb but its very hard and time consuming to build them... this is why the project stop...

i bought 2 pcb since i have those controller in stock but forgot to ask if he use the same button that we use in the 2 or 3 controller that we made... will see when i get them

hope he will do the famicom too cause i prefer this controller over the super ntt data

Edited by chart45
  • Like 1

Today was a VERY good day for my collection! I had been out in Texas the last five days doing a film shoot for a small park who was opening up a new roller coaster, and if anyone is interested in what I actually do for a living, you can see some of my work HERE.

I went to our UPS box and quite a few items that I had ordered a little while ago were all waiting for me! And what a collection of items it was!

attachicon.gifIMG_7679.JPG

First let's start with this Super Famicom NTT turned Colecovision controller that atariguy1021 made and let me say it works... AWESOME! I tested it out on Mouse Trap today and I just love it! I would highly recommend picking one up!

This is a cool controller!! This would work well with Super Zaxxon!! I brought a Sega modded controller last week, and got it a few days ago. Super Zaxxon will start and use the controller that a keypad is pressed. So Start, is skill 1, and skill 2 is mapped to A button. So I was able to start at Skill 2 with the Sega controller. If I selected a Skill level on my Coleco controller, then it'll use that controller and ignore the Sega controller. Now, if I want to continue in Zaxxon, pressing 5 on the Coleco controller will restart the whole game over and insist you use the Coleco controller over the Sega Controller. For a game originally made by Sega sure don't want people to use Sega Genesis controller. :lol:

And the games from Taiwan, Flappe Byrd box art was inspired by them.

PANG is awesome, I need to find that game somewhere in this messy room and play it again. Bfg.gamepassion did a great job with this game.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I remember Yurkie saying his RGB mod eliminated sprite flicker like the F18a. Juice said his doesn't so I'm not sure what to think. I wish I could see all 3 mods in 3 different CV's, running straight into a TV with minimal processing (without the converter box) to get a sense of what it truly looks like.. which would have best picture (including no sprite flicker) and cost wise. . I'm kind of torn toward all the different options but the f18a seems to be the favorite around here at the moment. No use in comparing composite anymore, it's kind of redundant considering HD is the latest and greatest thing for our CVs. I hope to upgrade all mine soon. :-)

only the F18A reduces sprite flicker. All the other mods depend on the stock VDP and all will have that issue.

• Like 3