IGNORED

Pure CP-1600 Emulator / Debugger

I've enjoyed reading up on Intellivision Dev and all the wonderful resources that are available. Since the cp-1600 is somewhat obscure, I've

had a hard time finding a simple emulator (I guess I should say simulator) that I can use to test routines and whatnot. I might be spoiled as

a 6502 developer, but I would like to think that cp-1600 or cp-1610 has something out there.

I do have Nostalgia, but I couldn't seem to find a debug console somewhat like Stella the Atari 2600 emulator. Once again, I'm coming into this

with about 3 days knowledge, so any help is good help.

Thanks,

jzIntv has a build in textual debugger.

And there's a tutorial alongside these other tutorials: http://wiki.intellivision.us/index.php?title=Programming_Tutorials

Among other things, jzIntv can record a trace of up to 65536 instructions along with register values and CPU flags, which is very handy to see what a routine did across its entire execution.

Edited by intvnut

@intvnut Great work! I've been cramming on the cp-1600 and your example code for the past few days. I have 2 unreleased Atari 2600 games still in the works. To be honest, after an hour

of reviewing the architecture, the Intv is such a better machine. Just wanted to say thanks officially for your contributions because I wouldn't want to begin this without the documentation. Also,

I may end up having some specific questions down the line.

• Like 1

@intvnut Great work! I've been cramming on the cp-1600 and your example code for the past few days. I have 2 unreleased Atari 2600 games still in the works. To be honest, after an hour

of reviewing the architecture, the Intv is such a better machine. Just wanted to say thanks officially for your contributions because I wouldn't want to begin this without the documentation. Also,

I may end up having some specific questions down the line.

Thank you for the kind words!

Much of the hardware documentation is adapted from Carl Mueller Jr's original work, so he deserves a heap of compliments in his own right. Without those, jzIntv and its documentation likely wouldn't have happened.

I see you're in Dallas also. *wave*

@intvnut Awesome. I'm a Unix systems engineer by day in Los Colinas but live in Denton. I spend most of my freetime writing assembly for some ancient system though ;) Anyway, I'm glad you're still around.

Some of the folks in the Atari scene come and go, and so many decent emulators aren't supported after awhile.