IGNORED

Bigfoot and Atari Collecting

6 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

Sealed playaround gigolo finally completes my set. The rats at digital press in New Jersey are fast selling their sealed cases before they turn into a pumpkin ? in July on eBay.

5DA470FB-4320-434D-9DD7-B0A530C07379.jpeg

Yeah, I figured they hit some sealed cases on these.   I got in on one I needed myself.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

BA8DF081-C628-4246-9C8C-BFDEA7C91763.jpeg

Pretty Much. I opted out of completing CIB Sears early on. 

I have a complete Sears Gate Fold Set, the 3 Exclusives, the Arcade ports (Berserk was the beast there) and some childhood faves (Yars' Warlords, Adventure and Haunted House.)

I have a complete loose text set and complete Pic label set except the two beasts Gunslinger and Superman. 

It's a fun set but CIB is becoming increasingly difficult with Sears. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

Pretty Much. I opted out of completing CIB Sears early on. 

I have a complete Sears Gate Fold Set, the 3 Exclusives, the Arcade ports (Berserk was the beast there) and some childhood faves (Yars' Warlords, Adventure and Haunted House.)

I have a complete loose text set and complete Pic label set except the two beasts Gunslinger and Superman. 

It's a fun set but CIB is becoming increasingly difficult with Sears. 

The Sears gatefolds are a great set to compliment the Atari ones. I remember sweating my last 5 Sears cib ones and almost got stranded on mt. Sears myself. I think the last 3 I needed were maze mania, othello, math gran prix. I was lucky to get cannon man earlier. There’s only one collector I know that summited mt. Sears with ease the rest of us had to be forged in fire like Rambo.

Im camped out just short of the top of mt sears with just 2 big box only steps left. Think im just gonna stay here in my tent and eat this cold can of beans and make the best of it. 

Edited by stupus
Damn you autouncorrect
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

Boxed Kung fu, this was advertised for the Atari. As it turns out, it was for the coleco but I kept it anyway. I never heard of Atari making Kung fu but you never know with some of the stuff I have.

2C910255-1612-4084-8B51-8106FF28A863.jpeg

Telegames released it under that name:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-kung-fu-superkicks-pursuit-of-the-ninja_s6858.html

But your box is for the Colecovision version, right?

8)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rom Hunter said:

Telegames released it under that name:
http://www.atarimania.com/game-kung-fu-superkicks-pursuit-of-the-ninja_s6858.html

But your box is for the Colecovision version, right?

8)

Definitely coleco but the box for Atari would have been the same???? I bought it off eBay and they advertised it being for Atari and only showed front of the box. I got it pretty cheap so I didn’t care and slowly becoming a coleco collector the way of the blind squirrel ? lol

42326073-E574-4CF4-9452-5D1A1FE72CF6.jpeg

• Like 1

I have both, i believe they used the same box and just added the sticker for the coleco version. I think the atari 1 is muchmore rare (blue box version)

I also have the telegames black box version that got a pal and ntsc relesae. I think the telegames blue only got a pal release.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stupus said:

I have both, i believe they used the same box and just added the sticker for the coleco version. I think the atari 1 is muchmore rare (blue box version)

I also have the telegames black box version that got a pal and ntsc relesae. I think the telegames blue only got a pal release.

Yeah the Atari blue version is way more rare than the coleco. I believe only pal blue has been found. You don’t have the blue Atari version do you? I know you have all the boxed coleco collection.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stupus said:

I have the blue telegames atari version. Only 1 i have ever seen.

I dont have the chuck box for atari xonox though, its 1 of the dozen boxes i still need for my ntsc cib set of original release games.

Nice it’s incredibly rare and I have never seen one on eBay in like 15 years. You’re getting there for the Atari.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, i believe i have every xonox cart now for the atari and coleco. But i still miss boxes for a few. Coleco just the double ender boxes i miss.

These are all the ones i have for chuck.

Top row is the coleco.

PSX_20210807_221406.thumb.jpg.c8d656ac037fe694929bdffe758043da.jpg

The telegames blue boxes are the same for both atari and coleco. But for coleco they added that sticker on the back and blacked out the atari 2600 name on the bottom.

PSX_20210807_221349.thumb.jpg.9dd679ae7c6b2bdf7937e76434185418.jpg

The carts and manuals are different too.

PSX_20210807_221328.thumb.jpg.18edb508672acdd8d4087863bc34613a.jpg

Everything on the 2600 blackbox pal and ntsc games is identical. Only way to tell them apart is by playing them. I think thats how all the telegames black box games were. It can make it very hard to know your getting a ntsc copy...like for glacier patrol and universal chaos.

Edited by stupus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stupus said:

Thanks, i believe i have every xonox cart now for the atari and coleco. But i still miss boxes for a few. Coleco just the double ender boxes i miss.

These are all the ones i have for chuck.

Top row is the coleco.

PSX_20210807_221406.thumb.jpg.c8d656ac037fe694929bdffe758043da.jpg

The telegames blue boxes are the same for both atari and coleco. But for coleco they added that sticker on the back and blacked out the atari 2600 name on the bottom.

PSX_20210807_221349.thumb.jpg.9dd679ae7c6b2bdf7937e76434185418.jpg

The carts and manuals are different too.

PSX_20210807_221328.thumb.jpg.18edb508672acdd8d4087863bc34613a.jpg

Everything on the 2600 blackbox pal and ntsc games is identical. Only way to tell them apart is by playing them. I think thats how all the telegames black box games were. It can make it very hard to know your getting a ntsc copy...like for glacier patrol and universal chaos.

Seems we have an in between box in our database (no sticker, but blacked out Atari 2600):
http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/kung_fu_superkicks_xonox_style_pal_cart_3.jpg

Stupus, is it possible for you to make a nice picture of the back of your blue Atari 2600 box (without box protection)?

Would like to add it to our database.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Rom Hunter said:

Seems we have an in between box in our database (no sticker, but blacked out Atari 2600):
http://www.atarimania.com/2600/boxes/hi_res/kung_fu_superkicks_xonox_style_pal_cart_3.jpg

Stupus, is it possible for you to make a nice picture of the back of your blue Atari 2600 box (without box protection)?

Would like to add it to our database.

8)

Sure! :)

PSX_20210808_163713.thumb.jpg.74e4efc834b8f7a51d7058ba698a352a.jpg

PSX_20210808_163816.thumb.jpg.ff31fb81ffaa8234de905c5e62a76b9a.jpg

Also above when i mention the manuals and carts are different, this is between the black box and blue box telegames 2600 releases....not sure i made that clear. Blue box contents are on the right in my above post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1