IGNORED

Bigfoot and Atari Collecting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a box that alluded my collection for years. I did a trade with Mr. Miami for another rare game. I now have 2 boxed espials-one popped up on eBay and I decided to buy it because two weeks had passed and I heard nothing from ntavio and was unsure about the trade. Anyways he still wanted to trade so even though having one I said ok. Both games were in transit at the same time lol ? which requires a little trust.

Some games for the 2600 continue to allude me for whatever reason.

post-34286-0-56214800-1546104121_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cool! Yes these got a bit pricey and harder to get after a certain seller started buying every one that came up and tried to artificially triple the price relisting them all :mad:

Oh you mean the hunt brothers from New Jersey you know it's been tried before and he will probably sell one eventually. 2600 games are going up in value and should have along time ago unless we have another 2008 market crash which is possible.

Now I might trade one went from zero to two within a couple weeks after not having it for 10 years I'm sure you had this happen before in your fine collection.

• Like 1

Yes, happiestsellerever of course from Elmwood park. Never heard him referred to as the hunt brothers?

I agree rare titles I think will hold value or climb but it bothers me when it is artificially orchestrated.

And yes there are a couple box titles I just can't seem to ever land and am starting to think may never happen now. ;)

Yes, happiestsellerever of course from Elmwood park. Never heard him referred to as the hunt brothers?

I agree rare titles I think will hold value or climb but it bothers me when it is artificially orchestrated.

And yes there are a couple box titles I just can't seem to ever land and am starting to think may never happen now. ;)

The hunt brothers cornered the silver market in the 80's driving prices way up before the collapse. If you're talking boxed Sears games your going to have to get extremely lucky or trade with an existing collector. I'm probably within a handful or so of completing Sears twice over.

• Like 1

So the hunt brothers are one in the same as happiest?

Yes I need a few sears titles. 3 of which are beyond what I am willing to pay boxed now.

Also need an up n down box which has gotten crazy.

That was about the last original ntsc box I still had hopes of realistically getting.....but not likely now lol

Edited by stupus

So the hunt brothers are one in the same as happiest?

Yes I need a few sears titles. 3 of which are beyond what I am willing to pay boxed now.

Also need an up n down box which has gotten crazy.

That was about the last original ntsc box I still had hopes of realistically getting.....but not likely now lol

So I'm assuming you saw that boxed up n down sell for over $1200 recently? I was just talking to raquetboy about some pricing lately and he wasn't surprised some the rarer cardboard has not gone up sooner. The 2600 is the golden age of video games and more collectors from other systems are now bullying there way in now slapping cash around ?. There getting some good stuff quickly.
  • Like 1

Yeah, that was the 1 I referred too.

$1200 is nuts for it. I have always wondered why some of those Sega boxes are so htf when there are so many carts around for it.

The last few months there has been a noticble 2-3 collectors who have swept into the 2600 stuff and are bidding stuff 2-5 times it's normal price.

Obviously a couple people who just want the stuff quick and not really concerned what they pay.

I refuse to compete with that mentality.

Just very happy what I have collected the last 35 years ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, that was the 1 I referred too.

$1200 is nuts for it. I have always wondered why some of those Sega boxes are so htf when there are so many carts around for it.

The last few months there has been a noticble 2-3 collectors who have swept into the 2600 stuff and are bidding stuff 2-5 times it's normal price.

Obviously a couple people who just want the stuff quick and not really concerned what they pay.

I refuse to compete with that mentality.

Just very happy what I have collected the last 35 years ;)

I'm sure alot of your boxed stuff for other systems have increased significantly also. Don't know why the up n down box is so rare also when you see quite a few loose carts. All I know it's a showstopper if you're trying to get a complete boxed Sega collection.

• Like 1

Yes a lot of the other systems have gone crazy too. Vectrex for 1 especially.

And yes all I need is the up n down box to finish Sega. I always hopped it would be a company set I could finish.

The up n down box for colecovision was 1 of the last coleco items I needed too. It seems particularly hard for both systems and again for coleco the cart itself is fairly easy to find but not the box.

Yes, vectrex is probably my favorite system I never had as a kid. Very unique system for sure!

I was very happy to finish coleco cib since it was my favorite childhood system. And glad I finished vectrex cib when I did due to its prices the last 5 years.

I missed a bin up n down cib for $25 about a year ago....somebody scored there!

If you can ever help me on it that would be great ;)

I woulkd have to run some numbers to get a fairly accurate guess. But there are 28 games and a few can go into the multiple hundreds and any title cib seems to be climbing to the 100 range. The 3d imager easily goes over 1000 in box and a cib system can climb toward 1000 too. So I would say easily it could break $5000 for everything. Minestorm 2 is also very hard to find I know it could go $5-6 hundred before the stuff exploded, if you could find it.

Edited by stupus

I agree!

I have about a half dozen of the wood grain type with 3 drawers. Also a wood wall mount 1.

And my favorite are the ones my dad's company dosix made. But sadly they only hold loose cassettes.

post-26050-0-72861300-1546207225_thumb.jpg

post-26050-0-83481600-1546207255_thumb.jpg

They are stackable too. They also came in avocado green, harvest yellow and woodgrain of course! :)

Edited by stupus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...