IGNORED

Bigfoot and Atari Collecting

• 2 weeks later...

Its 1 of the hardest coleco game boxes, but i think the 2600 box is still a bit more rare.

Interestingly you can always find the loose cart for both systems at any time and fir a reasonable price.

• Like 2

Its 1 of the hardest coleco game boxes, but i think the 2600 box is still a bit more rare.

Interestingly you can always find the loose cart for both systems at any time and fir a reasonable price.

Retro gaming stuff is drying up out there. Rarity is also becoming clearer. I have watched boxed 2600 up n downs for years both here and on ebay and only know of around 10 cib. In my opinion the box is rarer than a boxed ntsc stadium events but don't tell that to them lol.

Loose carts are slowing down out there too. Maybe a 1:60 loose carts / box ratio which is high but I guess for some unknown reason up n down kids on different systems liked to trash that box lol.

So maybe between 10 and 35 accounting for future finds and years of watching the title.

I don't follow boxed coleco up n downs any speculation on this title?

• Like 1

I agree alot of the rare boxes are not popping up anymore....this gies for alot if classic systems.

And the ones out there are staying in peoples collections.

I dont think i have even seen 10 boxed 2600 up n downs on ebay. But i am sured i have missed some.

I saw 1 for bin at $25 that sold instantly.....lucky buyer.

The last since then sold for like $1k at auction....thats just nuts.

Before that brett weiss sold his on ebay fir i think $300 at bin....i just missed it too. Somebody here bought it and relisted it i think around $500 bin and again it sold right away.

Those are the only ones i have seen in recent years.

The coleco 1 is maybe just slightly less rare.

It was 1 of the last coleco boxes i had needed. And they would surface maybe 1 time a year at most....if that. Usually asking around $300. I had not wanted to pay that for 1....but as it got to be 1 of the last i needed i finally bit on 1....i think for around $250.

I wish i could get that 2600 box as its the last sega box i need across all the pre nes systems. :(

But like i said i see a constant flow of the loose carts.

I think since the box was very thin and glued shut people just trashed them all....all the white sega boxes are htf.

I know people with nearly every 2600 box that still miss this frustrating title cib.

Its a fun game too....but i mostly played it on the c64 bitd.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tony587327635498 said:

Yeah I was a little surprised myself it ended that high...

Bidder s***s was not playing around! lol

Yeah, that bidder is another heavyweight from what I’ve seen. When two heavyweights go toe to toe, there’s gonna be fireworks!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I sold mine for a fair price, privately.  Money grabbing is not my thing, especially eBay.  Getting old, plus, the shit is either gonna burn in a fire, or fall into the ground, or get crushed during an earthquake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t realize it was Tony that went to war congrats on the box. I didn’t see it until the last day of auction. That box has sold for 1200 something in the past so it’s not surprising. And there wasn’t no gouging I believe this started at a dollar although selling to another longtime collector is probably the better route.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony587327635498 said:

I was bidding on and won it

You now have the ability to complete your boxed 2600 Sega titles if you wish with time. Unfortunately not many collectors will ever accomplish it. There may be only 10 to 30 range of up n down boxes in existence . You’re getting some really rare stuff with your Xante  carts too.      

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

You now have the ability to complete your boxed 2600 Sega titles if you wish with time. Unfortunately not many collectors will ever accomplish it. There may be only 10 to 30 range of up n down boxes in existence . You’re getting some really rare stuff with your Xante  carts too.      

Is the Up n Down manual expensive?

I couldn't find out much about those.

• Haha 1