IGNORED

Pie Factory Podcast...

58 minutes ago, Dauber said:

Oh, man, I hope it goes well too and that you have a fast recovery!

Thanks always risks but should be good . Never had a broken bone or surgery in my life So went big with the 1st time got through 52 yrs without a hospital stay not a bad record 

Take care Game on!

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Once upon a time there were two Midwesterners named Jim and Sean. One was tall, the other was...well, also tall, but who cares? There came a time when the two decided that their mission was to discuss two arcade games from Japan, leading them to...well, you'll just have to listen to find out!

http://fab4it.com/piefactory/audio/PFP_Episode116.mp3

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Pie Factory Podcast episode 118 is out now! For this final episode of the year, Sean and Jim talk about the world situation, economics, and their five Christmas wishes. (Wait, was that this episode? Hmmm...maybe that was another...) But what could this week's theme be? Is it games with pluralized round things in their names? Only The Shadow knows.

https://fab4it.com/piefactory/audio/PFP_Episode118.mp3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh the Japanese find the Hang-On motorcycle inappropriate but they'll play Boonga-boonga.

Oh BTW SEGA also made a version of Hang-On strictly for the Jamaican market & surrounding area called "Hang-On Sloopy"

Edited by RJ

• 4 weeks later...
'Swonderful. 'Smarvelous. 'Stime for episode 120! If each of the hosts of Pie Factory Podcast had his druthers, which games would he’d ruther have in his home arcade over all the other ones? Tune in to this exciting frost-biting candy-throwing installment to hear the gory details!

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2021/02/28/episode-120-our-top-ten/
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 10:02 PM, Dauber said:
'Swonderful. 'Smarvelous. 'Stime for episode 120! If each of the hosts of Pie Factory Podcast had his druthers, which games would he’d ruther have in his home arcade over all the other ones? Tune in to this exciting frost-biting candy-throwing installment to hear the gory details!

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2021/02/28/episode-120-our-top-ten/

Excellent episode dudes!  Here are my Top-10.

Asteroids (my favorite coin-op)

Tempest

Battlezone

Omega Race

Robotron (love this twin-stick shooter. My older sons favorite coin-op)

Tron (This is my younger sons favorite coin-op)

Satan's Hollow

Sinistar

Phoenix

Zoo Keeper

Noteables:

Bosconian 

Lunar Lander

Galaxian

Ms. Pac-Man

Missile Command

** I came across an Asteroids/Asteroids Deluxe cabaret at PRGE (2017). I would love to own one. 

Sears H6er.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listening to your latest episode and hearing you mention wanting a bowling lane in your basement arcade reminded me of a story my mom told me. My grandfather was a construction contractor and one of his jobs was building a bowling alley. After it was done, he had enough material left for one lane (I can't remember if this was intentional on his part or just something that happened) and he was all ready to build a bowling lane in his basement but when he measured he discovered he didn't have quite enough room.

OK, I paused the episode to write this, but real quick here are my top 10 before I get back to it:

Q*Bert

Mr .Do!

Ms. Pac-Man

Gyruss

Time Pilot

Mario Bros.

Sinistar

Zoo Keeper

Moon Patrol

Tapper

Honorable mention: Monaco GP - the first arcade game I ever played

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to the response from Listeners Like You™, we decided to go back and address feedback from our previous episode. Your top ten desert island games (assuming your desert island has an adequate power source, of course) and of course all the other heartwarming (or heartburning?) dialog you're familiar with from Jim'n'Sean are discussed in this Very Special Episode®️.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

One game is about kids who answer trivia questions and run through a chocolate and slime filled obstacle course. The other is about a New Jersey kid who moves to California and is bullied by martial arts jocks. What could the theme be? Only you, the listener, will find out.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2021/04/27/episode-121-double-dragon-and-kung-fu-master/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Episode 122 has been unleashed!

Ikey and Mikie, in a most exclusive place, were held up by a mugger, who cut up Ikey's favorite coat and robbed him, and hit him with a hose. But Mikie grabbed the scoundrel, and punched him in the no-good head repeatedly, until he ran away, so Ikey and Mikie went back to Name That Tune.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2021/05/31/episode-122-mikie-and-name-that-tune-2/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
We're calling this "the next episode" because it's not the previous episode. It's also not the first episode nor the last episode, unless something REALLY weird happens. Look…it's an episode. And we actually remembered to mention our RedBubble store.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Having returned from their spiritual retreat to Fishfuj, Iowa, Jim and Sean are back with episode 123. Will they reveal the secret relationship between Bub and Bob? Is the toyshop in Toypop an allegory about the Russian Revolution? Listen and find out.

• Like 2

Great episode as always gents!  Btw, here’s the latest ETA for Robotwar:2684 and you could look into picking up a 2600 joystick coupler. Our very own @amiman99was 3D printing them before.

<Edit> Latest, Latest update for upcoming Champ Games release dates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

What?? A new episode already?! Yuh-huh!!! This time your ever-lovin' Midwestern video game fan duo take a look not only at the featured games but also indigenous urban cuisine. Episode 124 is guaranteed to be a mammoth blockbuster with several listeners.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2021/10/26/episode-124-toobin-and-pooyan/

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving episode gents!

I like Genesis and Phil Collins.  Last Genesis concert I attended was in 1992 (Giants Stadium) and I also attended one of Phil’s solo concerts at Madison Square Garden.  I don’t recall the year for that one.  Btw, I hate olives too and ? agree with Skyfall and Goldfinger.  Those are my favs too, followed by From Russia with Love.?

• Like 3