IGNORED

Pie Factory Podcast...

Hey @Dauber and @Inky! How are you guys doing? How's everyone else doing? I've been catching up on some of the older episodes for the Pie Factory Podcast. Really enjoyed the one on Krull (one of my favorite movies) and Q*Bert. Also enjoyed Defender and Robotron 2084 (cue the sound clip!). Anyway, keep up the great work guys! We all love you. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rumors of Pie Factory Podcast's episode being "out in a few days" have been highly...CONFIRMED, because episode 135 is out, yo.

Welcome to the 2023, they're calling it this year. Sean and Jim offer up their thoughts and experiences on these particular games because, well, they're arcade video games. That's why we're all here, right?

We hope you enjoy this episode. Jim and Sean believe it's the best episode they've produced all year.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2023/02/09/episode-135-assault-and-vindicators/

• Like 4

Holy smokes...you can get to Christmas Eve in Toyshop Trouble? I love that game, so I play it quite a bit, and yet I've never made it that far. Great job. (And the duck is always welcome. It never fails to make me laugh in a manner that causes anyone nearby to nervously get some distance from me.)

• Like 2

I think the key thing with Toyshop Trouble is if you have any single-paint items on the screen when things get crazier, clear them out first. Then go for whatever color is common among the unpainted toys on the screen.}

Another hint -- on days in which the joystick is the featured toy (I think December 13 is the first), go straight for the black paint as soon as the gameplay starts. For whatever reason, a crap ton of joysticks get cranked out right away.

Edited by Dauber
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great audio submission, PlaidMouse!

And I really dig it when people share their other languages in a conversational context. There's something...I don't know, warm about it. That sounds a bit corny, but I'm having a hard time articulting myself this morning for some reason. Anyway, more Japanese, please!

(Are you from Japan, or just fluent? I'm only curious; I certainly don't mean to be nosy.)

• Like 3

Episode 137 is out, so listen to it NOW! Chop-chop! (See what we did there?) Silk Worm, Super Cobra, Midwest Gaming Classic, geography, and other such topics are discussed in this mammoth blockbuster installment of Pie Factory Podcast.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2023/04/28/episode-137-super-cobra-and-silk-worm/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2023 at 7:13 PM, Dauber said:

Episode 137 is out, so listen to it NOW! Chop-chop! (See what we did there?) Silk Worm, Super Cobra, Midwest Gaming Classic, geography, and other such topics are discussed in this mammoth blockbuster installment of Pie Factory Podcast.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2023/04/28/episode-137-super-cobra-and-silk-worm/

Another great episode guys. Glad to hear that you have recovered Shawn. Oddly enough, my wife and I visited the French Quarter during March and yes, we made it to Cafe Du Monde. I don't mind beignets, but growing up in NYC, I prefer zeppoles. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 3:44 PM, Chris+++ said:

Great audio submission, PlaidMouse!

And I really dig it when people share their other languages in a conversational context. There's something...I don't know, warm about it. That sounds a bit corny, but I'm having a hard time articulting myself this morning for some reason. Anyway, more Japanese, please!

(Are you from Japan, or just fluent? I'm only curious; I certainly don't mean to be nosy.)

Thank you very much @Chris+++! It's very encouraging to know that you liked it. I unfortunately missed episode 137 and just turned in an e-mail response for episode 138 (I have an addendum here @Dauber and @Inky, please see below). Hopefully I'll have another audio submission for episode 139 with more Japanese (and maybe some Esperanto).

Speaking of more Japanese, I was just in Las Vegas, NV and got to use a lot of Japanese with my wife and her friends. We were there for the Professional Asian Pilots Association Expo 2023 (https://www.asianpilots.org/). I also got to visit the Pinball Museum with our 16-year-old son! If those things weren't cool enough, I got the high score on Mario Bros.! If you ever see "DCT" on an arcade, that's me, PlaidMouse!

IMG_20230518_115733054.jpg

IMG_20230518_115916712.jpg

IMG_20230518_134729019.jpg

IMG_20230518_134741801.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I gotta know...how big is that sign in the first pic??? It looks frickin' humongous, like something you could see from a mile or two away! Is it really that big, or is it just the angle? (The mrs. and I went to Vegas last year, but I didn't get to the HoF.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

EPISODE 138 - Front Line and SubRoc-3D

For the first time EVER, the guys from Pie Factory are back with discussion on the games you see in the title. A couple of shooty-powy games. One from the earth, one from the water. (They're trying to get shooty-powy games from the other two ancient elements, too; patience, friends, patience.) If nothing else, this is CERTAINLY the very last episode of the podcast to be released during the month of May 2023, but we make no guarantees.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2023/05/31/episode-138-front-line-and-subroc-3d/

Edited by Dauber
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Dauber said:

EPISODE 138 - Front Line and SubRoc-3D

For the first time EVER, the guys from Pie Factory are back with discussion on the games you see in the title. A couple of shooty-powy games. One from the earth, one from the water. (They're trying to get shooty-powy games from the other two ancient elements, too; patience, friends, patience.) If nothing else, this is CERTAINLY the very last episode of the podcast to be released during the month of May 2023, but we make no guarantees.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2023/05/31/episode-138-front-line-and-subroc-3d/

Another great episode. Apologize for misspelling your name Sean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't want you guys to think I had signed up on the Discord site, popped my head in and then never saw any reason to post. I'm having problems with Discord at the moment, as it wants me to "claim" my account, but rejects my e-mail address as "already in use" because I signed up on Ferg's server a couple of years ago. I've always had problems logging in to Discord, frankly, so this is nothing new.

I actually think it would be great fun to join the Discord-based Fest for PFP Fans (formerly PFPFest, of course, until Hyde filed that Cease and Desist). Hopefully I'll figure it out at some point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:54 AM, Dauber said:

I gotta know...how big is that sign in the first pic??? It looks frickin' humongous, like something you could see from a mile or two away! Is it really that big, or is it just the angle? (The mrs. and I went to Vegas last year, but I didn't get to the HoF.)

Hi @Dauber! It's the angle (note: no angels were involved; at least, none that I was aware of; please forgive my poor sense of humor). The sign is pretty big, probably 2-3 times bigger than your average fast food chain sign. You can see it at least 1/2 mile off. Sorry for the late reply to your question.

On 8/6/2023 at 5:03 PM, Dauber said:

I'm busy but fine! As for those who are interested in the best arcade podcast, I feel bad for them because there hasn't been an episode of No Quarter for years.

A classy reply, but I like Pie Factory (and Ten Pence, or that matter) WAY more than No Quarter. That show never did it for me.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 7:03 PM, Dauber said:

I'm busy but fine! As for those who are interested in the best arcade podcast, I feel bad for them because there hasn't been an episode of No Quarter for years.

So glad that you are doing well @Dauber! Thanks for your reply. I saw that you and @Inky just put out an episode, so I'm looking forward to listening to it!

• Like 1

Episode 139: Shootin' the breeze and burning our throats

Summer schedules can be a beast. And believe me, we have tried to alter that beast, but we find ourselves standing in the shadows of that beast. It's been a while, so we figured we'd better get y'all up to speed as to how our lives have been going, what we've been playing, and why we are who we are.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2023/08/09/episode-139-shootin-the-breeze-and-burning-our-throats/

• Like 4

On 8/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, Dauber said:

Episode 139: Shootin' the breeze and burning our throats

Summer schedules can be a beast. And believe me, we have tried to alter that beast, but we find ourselves standing in the shadows of that beast. It's been a while, so we figured we'd better get y'all up to speed as to how our lives have been going, what we've been playing, and why we are who we are.

https://piefactorypodcast.wordpress.com/2023/08/09/episode-139-shootin-the-breeze-and-burning-our-throats/

The new episode is great @Dauber and @Inky! I'm at time mark 16:56 and hope to finish the episode soon. Thanks for all you do for us through the podcast. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1