IGNORED

Season 13 Round 1 - The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle

CGQuarterly

Welcome to round 1 of the 13th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

This round we are playing The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle. This game only shows your score between levels and at the end of the game, so have a pencil and paper ready.

This round ends on Sunday, May 24.

http://youtu.be/obnGcIxXMSE

Title: The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle
Developer: Kotobuki Systems
Publisher: Kemco
Released: August 1989

Rules: None.

Scores So Far

Current Standings

you gotta be kidding? Also from time to time, certain deaths at certain places will trigger a jump in the game to a Special Level Labeled as S1-S4... got one on the first "No Carrot Sign" level by stupidly hitting the no carrot sign, it took me to a level with never ending twisting pipes.

you gotta be kidding? Also from time to time, certain deaths at certain places will trigger a jump in the game to a Special Level Labeled as S1-S4... got one on the first "No Carrot Sign" level by stupidly hitting the no carrot sign, it took me to a level with never ending twisting pipes.

Yup, same thing happened to me.

It has been suggested that we stop the game after one play-through. The thing is, the game just keeps looping, but it doesn't get any harder. So as you learn how to beat each level and therefore die less, you just keep amassing extra lives. So in a way the game gets easier, and you will probably just keep on playing it until you just give up. During my playthrough I went ahead and took a shot of my score at the end of the first loop, so I'm covered.

This would basically put the emphasis on maximizing your score instead of just trying to get through each stage quickly.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

well depends, are we going to call it tied, or just top score at 1 loop? Cause if thats the case, it would pay to figure which of the 60 levels to dump all but 1 life on scoring the max out. Otherwise, marathon here we come lol

EDIT - on the 2nd playthrough, I can't put my finger on it, but it does seem to be different somehow, yes the level layouts are the same, but A) the slyvesters' tendencies seem to change, like they are being more smart about their moves and B) the cant climb up guys are being way more smart and a little faster than Bugs. (just seems that way due to the smarter game mechanic in play)

Where I used to be at 20-30 lives, cant seem to hold more than 11 in this 2nd trip so far (at level 22 as of this writing)

Edited by cparsley

One of the FAQs on GameFAQs says that the game does not get any harder. The other makes no mention if it one way or the other. I am fine with saying that people can just keep playing the game, if they want. I played through two loops and just got tired of it, and had like 30 lives at that point. So for me personally I felt like I could have just played indefinitely, and there are guys in this HSC who are way better at video games than I am. For me, I feel like trying to maximize your score on a single play-through sounds a lot more interesting than just playing until your fingers are numb, but I've already completed my play-through for this round so I don't have a dog in this fight.

OK, let's just do single loop then. I really think it's the best option. Sorry if you have to re-play the game, cparsley but you are after all the one who brought this to my attention!

I took a pic of my score at the end of the first loop so I'm just gonna post that.