IGNORED

Best MP3 player to use as the Cassette Storage devices (CS1/CS2)

Shift838

What are the best ones that we can use to replace the large Cassette storage systems? I know the MP3 player needs to have the MIC input and the line in input only hooked up to the TI.

Can anyone confirm this and also confirm a decent MP3 play that has these lines to hook up.

All the MP3 players I have run across only have the headphone jack.

Hi, just a hint, maybe a bit off-topic to your question :)

I do all that tape-stuff with an USB-line-out-adapter from and on my notebook,

as it is standing right next to my TIs. Very comfortable as I have direct access there to all my tape-files on my server.

• Like 2

Hi, just a hint, maybe a bit off-topic to your question :)

I do all that tape-stuff with an USB-line-out-adapter from and on my notebook,

as it is standing right next to my TIs. Very comfortable as I have direct access there to all my tape-files on my server.

I am trying to do the same thing as Ralf, it is more convenient, downloading from the internet and push (slowly) to the TI.

but I am only testing if it works, but it is very slow, but better something than nothing and it brings all the excitement, will the

program come in the TI succesfully! (but I have some problems with the sound / tuning, not being able to get a program

transferred this way)

I prefer faster methods (...RS232 is also a slow process).

Fastest I experienced so far is (nano-PEB, get CF-card out, put files on CF-card on the PC, put CF-card back in nano-PEB).

but some nanoPEBs are flaky. Ralf has the Lotharek in the PEB-box, not sure how fast that is. (or use the OmniFlop on the PC for 5.25 disks and the TI-drive).

but all the PEB stuff does not work with a standalone TI, which has only the Cassette I/O.

• Like 1

I am trying to do the same thing as Ralf, it is more convenient, downloading from the internet and push (slowly) to the TI.

but I am only testing if it works, but it is very slow, but better something than nothing and it brings all the excitement, will the

program come in the TI succesfully! (but I have some problems with the sound / tuning, not being able to get a program

transferred this way)

I prefer faster methods (...RS232 is also a slow process).

Fastest I experienced so far is (nano-PEB, get CF-card out, put files on CF-card on the PC, put CF-card back in nano-PEB).

but some nanoPEBs are flaky. Ralf has the Lotharek in the PEB-box, not sure how fast that is. (or use the OmniFlop on the PC for 5.25 disks and the TI-drive).

but all the PEB stuff does not work with a standalone TI, which has only the Cassette I/O.

In my eyes, the most important thing is to use a Line-Out, NOT an Audio-Out (regulated headfone-plug brings problems)

The Lotharek´s is identically as fast as a real iron-drive, as it is an emu.

The handling with the SD-card is very easy, just plug it into the PC and copy the HFEs onto it

(OK, a matter of time may be the conversion from DSK to HFE, but the Lothareks-tool for that

is very comfortable, handy, and also can do batch-conversion on a mass of files, with one klick)

• Like 1