IGNORED

Aspeqt under linux fails to compile

jcrubin

Can we please not go over this again. Ever since yesterday's first post in this thread I had a pretty good idea where it would go and even correctly predicted who would be first to respond. If you want to know what constitutes unacceptable conduct on this forum, read the rules or ask the admin. And if anyone has a burning desire to know what I had to put up with behind the scenes, feel free to drop me a line.

However, every time the matter is discussed publicly, shit follows and I'm tired if it. So my advice to all is to let it drop and follow the rules. ;)

• Like 5

or let anyone else get the last word (no pun intended, even if FJC did write The Last Word). This continued, even after mods and Al (the owner of this site) told him to stop. Finally, a8w got WAY out of control, to the point where atari8warez ended up registering flashjazzcat on a number of adult websites. It was at this point that he was banned.

Har har, the last word. ;)

• Like 1

OK, I can't resist this, this is the best ever response to Ray's idiocy. Check out this page on CNET. Scroll down to SoupFly22's post and click the youtube link. http://www.cnet.com/news/family-guys-stewie-makes-google-chrome-lovable/

Jon posted it here first, but it's absolutely great that it made it to CNET.

I love Family Guy! What about my cave in the yard? :)

Edited by Kyle22

Not the positive, productive stuff I have seen for the most part while posting here more regularly. Definitely one of those occasions where it is best just to let the personality aspects die away in to history and enjoy the software. I'm pretty disturbed by it all to be honest.

One positive to this saga is 'AspeQT' seems to have come through unscathed after all and the GPL allows us to still access the best and most innovative version of it going forwards. The source posted by old HiassofT above compiles perfectly under "Debian 8.1" and has a real wealth of features beyond what the rather limited version from sourceforge offers. You must install "QT5" first - simple with Debian or its progeny with 'apt-get install qt5-default' and also have the "gcc" package on hand, again a job for 'apt-get'. Then just 'qmake' and 'make' and away it runs! The final requirement - in my case at least - is the user you log in to KDE/GNome must be part of the 'dialout' group otherwise you get a 'cannot open ttyUSB0. Permission denied.' message. Once that's done its just like the windows version, except better!!!

The source posted by old HiassofT above compiles perfectly under "Debian 8.1" and has a real wealth of features beyond what the rather limited version from sourceforge offers. You must install "QT5" first - simple with Debian or its progeny with 'apt-get install qt5-default' and also have the "gcc" package on hand, again a job for 'apt-get'. Then just 'qmake' and 'make' and away it runs! The final requirement - in my case at least - is the user you log in to KDE/GNome must be part of the 'dialout' group otherwise you get a 'cannot open ttyUSB0. Permission denied.' message. Once that's done its just like the windows version, except better!!!

I've got QT 5 installed on my Mac and I'll give compiling it a go for OS X next week if I get a spare hour or two to work with it. What's the "real wealth of features" besides disk drive and simulated printer output?