IGNORED

Atari VCS games sold with no box

high voltage

Coke Wins had a white box with red sticker

Color Bar Generator had the shipping box as a box

Pack-in games I can think of the 32 in 1 and the 16 in 1 carts, no box, packed with the Jr in Europe

Red Sea Crossing, I think doesn't have a box, just instructions and colouring book

Edited by high voltage

The pack-in 32-in-1 may not have come with a box, but there was a version sold that did have one:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-32-in-1-game-cartridge_7201.html

According to the AtariAge database Tooth Protectors was sold without a box. It just had foam casing, which sounds like packing material basically.

It didn't have the standard cardboard case, but the foam "box" that came with Tooth Protectors constitutes the box. It also had the external shipping box that the entire set came in. Pretty much if you have the foam "box" and the paper ribbon that went around the box you can expect to see a major increase in sale value for a set when compared to the bare cart and manual combo.

The pack-in 32-in-1 may not have come with a box, but there was a version sold that did have one:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-32-in-1-game-cartridge_7201.html

It didn't have the standard cardboard case, but the foam "box" that came with Tooth Protectors constitutes the box. It also had the external shipping box that the entire set came in. Pretty much if you have the foam "box" and the paper ribbon that went around the box you can expect to see a major increase in sale value for a set when compared to the bare cart and manual combo.

Doh I even own it, I forgot that.

Edited by high voltage
  • Like 1

Off Your Rocker was technically released with no box, just the cart and printed instructions in a bag.

Speaking of baggies, Sword of Saros and Survival Island also had no boxes and were shipped in plastic bags, but of course as Starpath games they were on cassette not cartridge.