IGNORED

IntyBASIC using JLP save/restore?

Yes, in fact I've some documentation. Anyway I prefer to wait until the real thing is released in case something changes.

It already has been released. JLP is the cart in all Elektronite games, and Christmas Carol. The save/restore feature is in production already, so it better not change, and the emulator supports it. In fact, that's how I tested it in Christmas Carol during development, before I got a test board.

As far as I know, this is not a "new" feature of the upcoming "LTO Flash!" but a built-in feature of the JLP board.

• Like 2

By the way, it's not the "--jlp" argument but "--savefile". Check the emulator's help (--help) for more details.

Not quite. --jlp-savegame=file to tell jzIntv what file to store the information in. If you don't use that flag, the flash support will still work, but the data saved will be discarded when jzIntv exits.

Not quite. --jlp-savegame=file to tell jzIntv what file to store the information in. If you don't use that flag, the flash support will still work, but the data saved will be discarded when jzIntv exits.

Thanks, I was going to verify it when I got home. I was close, though. :)

so if i add --jlp-savegame to jzintv it will save my scores in christmas carol and keep the last level unlocked in practice mode? (Jzintv on raspberry pi lets you add these options in the es_systems.cfg command lines.)

so if i add --jlp-savegame to jzintv it will save my scores in christmas carol and keep the last level unlocked in practice mode? (Jzintv on raspberry pi lets you add these options in the es_systems.cfg command lines.)

I don't believe the free ROM has this functionality, though dZ can confirm.

No, the distributed ROM does not have any JLP features in it.

I don't believe the free ROM has this functionality, though dZ can confirm.

That is correct. That functionality is limited to the cartridge edition. The ROM editions have some differences, mainly the removal of Easter eggs and JLP features; though functionally, the game code is identically.