IGNORED

Luigi or Tails?

Shawn

So are you down with Luigi or Tails?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. So are you down with Luigi or Tails?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Luigi. Because someday he will emerge from his more famous brother's shadow... and then there will be a reckoning. Pixels will be spilled. Fanboys will cry out in horror. Then there will be only Luigi. (That last part should be read in an Italian accent.)

• Like 5

You mean Miles Prower!! Luigi is cool, but is really just a clone of Mario, right? He only got lanky after the second incarnation of Mario (for the U.S., that is) came out. I read somewhere that that wasn't even originally a Mario game!?!

Tails is a cool companion and offers up a different aspect to the Sonic games, whereas Loogy just does more of the same, and cheats at racing.. I'm a die-hard Sega fan, though. I would buy a Wii so I could download all the best Genesis/Mega Drive and Neo Geo/Arcade games.

You mean Miles Prower!! Luigi is cool, but is really just a clone of Mario, right? He only got lanky after the second incarnation of Mario (for the U.S., that is) came out. I read somewhere that that wasn't even originally a Mario game!?!

Tails is a cool companion and offers up a different aspect to the Sonic games, whereas Loogy just does more of the same, and cheats at racing.. I'm a die-hard Sega fan, though. I would buy a Wii so I could download all the best Genesis/Mega Drive and Neo Geo/Arcade games.

Yes sir! And I have it for the Famicom Disk System. It is Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic (Dream Factory: Heart Pounding Panic) It is a great game here is a site which compares the two games. We got a port of that game claiming The Lost Levels "is too hard for american players" I had no problem with it. Not my favorite Mario game, but it's fun for a challenge. It took me a couple days to beat the whole game back in '93 when I was 12. Bought it that Summer it came out from saved up lawn mowing money lol. I also have it for the FDS and Wii virtual console.

http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb2_ddp.shtml

post-32978-0-98187900-1431693063_thumb.jpg

Edited by Retrogamer81081
  • Like 1

As a kid who didn't have his own Nintendo back in the day, I developed a fondness for Luigi. Always having to be the second player, I grew to like him, even if he was a bit dim sometimes. And starting with SMB2, sometimes his own unique skill set could be an advantage. So whether he's just a palette-swap like in Mario Bros, Wrecking Crew, or Super Mario Bros... or an individual personality, like in Super Mario Bros 2 (etc) or the Mario Kart games... I'm down with Luigi.

Tails, though? Pfft. It's like that doof was ACTIVELY trying to sabotage your progress. He was cute, (and at least he wasn't "EXTREME" -- that was Knuckles), but what a pain in my speedy blue keyster.

Edited by mikey.shake

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...