IGNORED

My 125 quest

KylJoy

Greetings!

I'm striving toward the magical 125 in an attempt to recreate the joy that the Intellivision gave me in my youth. I had most of the Intellivision cartridges (probably 100ish) until I lost my mind about 14 years ago and GAVE THEM AWAY along with ALL OF MY OTHER MOSTLY COMPLETE VINTAGE COMPUTER AND VIDEO GAME SYSTEMS (2600, 5200, 7800, Vectrex, Sega (CD, 32X, etc.), NeoGeo, Fairchild Channel F, Odyssey, Odyssey 2, RCA Studio II, Nintendo, SMS, Mac, Turbo Grafx, TRS-80 and CoCo (including the portable), Apple II(c, e, gs, etc.), C-64/128, Pong, Stunt Cycle, Bally Astrocade, Arcadia, Colecovision, Amiga, TI 99, Jaguar, Atari 400/800/ST, Sinclair, etc., etc...) in an unexplainable "we need space" psychosis brought on from early fatherhood. I know... You don't have to say it... The children should have been sent away to keep space for my collections.

Anyway... I'm looking for any available Intellivision CIBs in as good a condition as I can find to help me complete my Intellivision quest. For some reason it was always my favorite system... just in front of the Bally Astrocade and Vectrex. Right time during my childhood? Dunno. But here are the ones I still need:

ECS
56. Jetsons' Ways with Words
61. World Series Major League Baseball

INTV Corporation
62. Body Slam! Super Pro Wrestling - Had :(
68. Learning Fun 1
69. Learning Fun 2
70. Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing - Had :(
74. Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball
75. Stadium Mud Buggies
81. Triple Challenge

Coleco
100. Turbo - Had :(

Imagic
108. Fathom - Had :(
115. Truckin' - Had :(

Interphase
118. Sewer Sam - Had :(

Sega
125. Congo Bongo - Had :(

I didn't have the synthesizer or ECS back then but I am looking for them now, boxed if possible.

Help a poor sap out with any of this? :)

Thanks!

Phil

• Like 1

Good luck and welcome! The Intellivision is a fun system to collect for and there are a lot of great people here to help. If you're looking for a CIB collection, be prepared to plunk down some serious cash. If money's not an issue, you'll have no trouble completing it in a pretty short period of time.

Welcome! First off, now that you found us you will find that to be the best and most entertaining part during your quest.

There are a lot of great people in here! The great news is you only need 30 games, the not so good news is those are pretty much the top 30 hard to find games.20 should be fairly easy, the last 10 will be a little tougher.

I have seen a couple folks do it in a couple years or less. Please don't miss valuable links such as the Intellivision Revolution where you can view any upcoming games and all the members who have posted there completed collection.

Happy hunting, Dale :)

• Like 1

Welcome (back), KylJoy! Totally understand about the craziness that Fatherhood can bring on. The very same thing has nearly happened to me, though my overwhelming laziness stepped in to protected me. :P

As wolf62 and, Atari_Bill, scalpel, and m-crew have mentioned, you'll find lots of friendly help and an interesting cast of characters around here. Best of luck on your quest!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unable to update original post so updating here.

Still needed:

ECS
56. Jetsons' Ways with Words

INTV Corporation
68. Learning Fun 1
69. Learning Fun 2
70. Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing
74. Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball
81. Triple Challenge

Coleco

97. Donkey Kong Junior
100. Turbo

Imagic
115. Truckin'

Interphase
118. Sewer Sam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You are only $3000. away from completing your Intellivision collection!

Funny story, I found a complete in box Truckin' for a friend of mine at a retro game store for $3, dollars a couple years back.

Probably my best cheap deal ever...Happy hunting, Wolfy

• 2 months later...