IGNORED

Picked these up in Osaka/DenDen

MacRorie

I recently picked these up at Super Potato in DenDen. Was wondering if anyone else had seen the like? Are there other ones like these produced for the Japanese market? Both carts are flat, box boxes are large format, both manuals are fully japanese versions. Anyhoo, thought they were cool (and reasonably priced at about 2100 Yen) and thought I would share.

post-16779-0-21021500-1432179310_thumb.jpg

post-16779-0-93784800-1432179325_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacRorie
  • Like 1

I recently picked these up at Super Potato in DenDen. Was wondering if anyone else had seen the like? Are there other ones like these produced for the Japanese market? Both carts are flat, box boxes are large format, both manuals are fully japanese versions. Anyhoo, thought they were cool (and reasonably priced at about 2100 Yen) and thought I would share.

Thank you for sharing! :)

To my knowledge these are Japanese exclusive manuals for the large boxes - the small box versions have Japanese colour manuals that are the same size as the Western manuals (I have just one: Slime World). As far as the large Japanese manuals, I'm sure i've seen a Cali Games as well, someone on here can confirm i'm sure.

The only true Japanese Lynx exclusive version that i know of is KLAX! It differs from all others in the sense that it not only has a different/Japanese manual, but the Box art, book art and cart are are totally different to the regular KLAX version we all know/have, AND, the cart itself is different to any other Lynx release ;)

Congrats on the find :) Whenever i've visited Japan and gone to Super Potato i've been on the lookout for these Lynx (and any Jaguar) exclusives (manual wise) to add to my collection, but alas, i've never had any luck :(

They had a Lynx in the box with 15 boxed games, but a) they all looked like the US versions and (this is the kicker) b) they wanted 224000 Yen for it. It made the 198000 Yen Japanese Vectrex look like a steal in comparison.

post-16779-0-09347600-1432182520_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Necrothread!

I'll be going to Osaka in a week. Looking forward to seeing the crazy stupidly high priced vintage video game stuff in various stores. When I went to Tokyo, I do recall seeing a similar-priced Vectrex that was boxed for $1700.