IGNORED

Transferring files between nanoPEB and PEB with Fred Kaal’s HDX cable?

I would like to be able to transfer files between two TI-99/4As, one with a nanoPEB and the other with a CorComp or TI RS232 card, using Fred’s HDX cable at the 38500 BAUD possible with his HDX-server/CfHdxS1, PC/TI procedure. Is there a program that will currently use the HDX protocol between two TIs? Or, will I have to write such a beast?!?

...lee

• Like 1

Oh yes, a new "LapLink" for the TI please (If you remember that old DOS-proggie) :)

This here is my original cable from the early 80ies. There was/is also a yellow one for parallel.

And I can Remember "KirschbaumLink" which was one of the early, for DOS, where you could map the MFM-drives each other.

Sorry, I am getting sentimental and off-topic :)

post-41141-0-31444400-1432336281_thumb.jpg

I would like to be able to transfer files between two TI-99/4As, one with a nanoPEB and the other with a CorComp or TI RS232 card, using Fred’s HDX cable at the 38500 BAUD possible with his HDX-server/CfHdxS1, PC/TI procedure. Is there a program that will currently use the HDX protocol between two TIs? Or, will I have to write such a beast?!?

...lee

Lee,

What i do is have a switch box.. pc -> box box-> both ti's.. then i copy things up to the hdx server, and back down on the other TI

it won't work client to client. server is required.

maybe u can use 2 PCs with HDX-server, each connected to a TI,

and immediate synch the PCs 2 upload-folders with ie SynchBackFree via LAN, in the background ?

or same scenario, with 2 Virtual-PCs, using 2 different COM-Ports on the 1 hostmachine ?

Lee,

What i do is have a switch box.. pc -> box box-> both ti's.. then i copy things up to the hdx server, and back down on the other TI

it won't work client to client. server is required.

Yeah, I'll probably need to do something like that; but, it should be possible to do what I want to do. I may need to bite the bullet and write it. :ponder:

...lee