IGNORED

CollectorVision NEWSLETTER - May 2015

retroillucid

It's been a long time!

In fact, I've been a bit away from AtariAge working on various projects

Last week, Toby and I did a panel a the Festival Retro in Montreal, Canada (see photos below)

The project thay keep me busy the most is certainly our very first Wii U game; Sydney Hunter & The Curse of the Mayans

I've spent 2000 hours in designing the game to make sure people will enjoy it as much as we've creating this game......and I'm not even done with the design part yet

For the artwork, we decided to go again with our friend Joe Simko who's an artist working at Topps Trading Card making Garbage Pail Kids artworks

You can see the sketch artwork below....

So.....

What's coming up for the Colecovision you may ask

Well, we've 4 games coming up real soon

- Digger

- So you want to be a Knight?

- Starship Defence Force

- Bombjack

Some other titles will also come up before the end of the year, but they will be announced when the right time come

What are you doing this summer?!!

Come and meet us at the Game On Expo in Meza, AZ on August 28-29-30

John, Toby and I will be there, we'll be happy to meet you in person!

Later! :)

post-11933-0-04845500-1432482138_thumb.jpg

post-11933-0-47908000-1432482149_thumb.jpg

post-11933-0-58522000-1432482182_thumb.jpg

post-11933-0-00722600-1432482193_thumb.jpg

post-11933-0-98899800-1432482207_thumb.jpg

post-11933-0-99845100-1432482231_thumb.jpg

post-11933-0-35379600-1432482248_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Bagman as already been release :) actually We have about 20 games left! So if you didn't bought yours its still time!

Also as for the next games, they will be annonce as a pre order in the next 2 weeks:

- Digger

- Starship Defence Force
- Zanac

Bomb jack will be later this year! J-F... I think we should talk more often ;)

• Like 1

It's been a long time!

In fact, I've been a bit away from AtariAge working on various projects

Last week, Toby and I did a panel a the Festival Retro in Montreal, Canada (see photos below)

The project thay keep me busy the most is certainly our very first Wii U game; Sydney Hunter & The Curse of the Mayans

I've spent 2000 hours in designing the game to make sure people will enjoy it as much as we've creating this game......and I'm not even done with the design part yet

For the artwork, we decided to go again with our friend Joe Simko who's an artist working at Topps Trading Card making Garbage Pail Kids artworks

You can see the sketch artwork below....

So.....

What's coming up for the Colecovision you may ask

Well, we've 4 games coming up real soon

- Digger

- Starship Defence Force

- Bombjack

Some other titles will also come up before the end of the year, but they will be announced when the right time come

What are you doing this summer?!!

Come and meet us at the Game On Expo in Meza, AZ on August 28-29-30

John, Toby and I will be there, we'll be happy to meet you in person!

Later! :)

Awesome! I will be out there with Gamester81 helping out! looking forward to meeting you guys, been pimping the heck out of collectorvision :)

• Like 1

So ... the Digger game is a buggy game that needs improvements but people just want a cib to look at so it is being sold as that ? If that is the case it isn't all about having a cib , but having a good game to play that isn't needing improvements . Otherwise why don't we just sell cibs with cool artwork that won't actually be a real game ... there could be thousands . I am confused I guess . Sorry if I am reading into this wrong ..

So ... the Digger game is a buggy game that needs improvements but people just want a cib to look at so it is being sold as that ? If that is the case it isn't all about having a cib , but having a good game to play that isn't needing improvements . Otherwise why don't we just sell cibs with cool artwork that won't actually be a real game ... there could be thousands . I am confused I guess . Sorry if I am reading into this wrong ..

You should ask Toby about this

I'm not too much involved in CV projects these days, so I don't know all the details

In fact, I was not aware of this game until recently

Okay, first of all, you're overreacting. Secondly, the "improvement" I suggested was to fix a single bug I once stumbled upon in the game. I later tried to reproduce this bug (and I really tried, again and again) but I never saw that bug again. So IF the bug is still in there, it's probably insanely hard to reproduce, so it's not something anyone should be worried about. Digger is not "buggy".

I actually just played the rom today and I didn't find it buggy at all. I went through probably about 8 or 9 levels and found it played just fine. And I personally won't mind at all having a nice box and cart to wrap the rom around. ;)

I think there are lot of games lot of more "buggy" than Digger out there.... my GnZ is one of them! :(

In another thread i had asked Pixelboy why he did not published Digger under its own label. He never answered . but i think i guess the reason. ;-)

I played a lot with the ROM , i never found a major issue with it . I love that game. :thumbsup:

I'm in for every one of the games listed, including the Wii U title! Looking forward to Bomb Jack! Another *kind of* obscure favorite 80s arcade game of mine.

Bomb Jack Obscure???. it is may be not as famous as pacman or Dk but close! ..Ok...may be in the U.S it is different.

Bfg did a very great job on that one! . It plays very very smoothly. I love it! I played hours on it. ( I speak about game here not about BFG ... :rolling: :rolling: )

Bomb Jack Obscure???. it is may be not as famous as pacman or Dk but close! ..Ok...may be in the U.S it is different.

Bfg did a very great job on that one! . It plays very very smoothly. I love it! I played hours on it. ( I speak about game here not about BFG ... :rolling: :rolling: )

I'd love you play with me hours :D :D :D