IGNORED

Testing the waters of the Odyssey 2 and highly interested in purchasing one

... any other requirements?

Play and enjoy ! ;)

Absolutely!

I only have three little cartridges (UFO!, Alien Invaders - Plus! and K.C. Munchkin!), so mine gets very little use. :(

There was a game that looked pretty cool awhile back called Amok!, but it was no longer available and the price seemed kind of steep at the time. Maybe someday I'll find someone willing to get rid of a 3 or 4 duplicates at a decent price that will stuff them into a $6.00 flat rate USPS box.

I do64_64_paypal.png:-D (HINT)

Absolutely!

I only have three little cartridges (UFO!, Alien Invaders - Plus! and K.C. Munchkin!), so mine gets very little use. :(

There was a game that looked pretty cool awhile back called Amok!, but it was no longer available and the price seemed kind of steep at the time. Maybe someday I'll find someone willing to get rid of a 3 or 4 duplicates at a decent price that will stuff them into a $6.00 flat rate USPS box.

I do64_64_paypal.png:-D (HINT)

The easiest solution is to get a multi- or flash cart. Relatively speaking, they're competitively priced versus many other systems.

You're probably right. After I get home tonight I'll see what is currently available. I seem to recall two different types, one was menu driven and the other had DIP switches IIRC.

I have the Videopac C7051 Game Recorder, which lets you put your own games on, as well as the Videopac C7060 Game Selector (C 7060) multicart, which is the menu-driven multi-cart you're referencing. I also have the 233-in-1 Multicart, which is switch-based, like you also mentioned. That's gone through several revisions (mostly the addition of more games) over the years.

• Like 1

WOW, I did a search for the Videopac C7051 Game Recorder, and found this. FREAKING COOL!

Where does one download old & new ready to transfer and use files for this item?

C7051-cart.jpg

I'll probably just get the 233 DIP switchable Multi-Cart at first. If things get exciting, I just might drop into the deep end of the pool. Right now though, I gotta get back to business.

I guess you just download the ROM files like for any other flash cart.

You can get René 's one, with a menu. it's well made and all. Also he sell adapters to put The Voice on a Videopac+ but that might not concern you :D

It's fairly cheap too, about 40€, and add shipping, and comes with the manual. No box tho, and it's mostl made to fit Videopac plastic boxes :

Got that as well! My mother in-law even made a dust cover to go over my 02 with voice attached to it. She used some scrap fabric from other stuff and is looking into making a leather or pleather one for me as well! The blue floral pattern is nice touch for the time being though!

Well show us the pictures then to the community.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did it... Count me in the Odyssey 2 club or brotherhood :lol: Picked up this lot for $40. The console works awesome! Got a bunch of games. K.C. Munchkin, K.C.'s Krazy Chase, UFO, Alien Invaders Plus, Baseball, Attack of the Timelord, Bowling/Basketball, Computer Golf, Football, Showdown in 2100 A.D., Thunderball, and Speedway/Spin-Out/Crypto-Logic. The controllers were wonky but getting a couple hard wired ones sent to me. :)

attachicon.gif20150915_163248.jpg

I had bought an O2 with a malfunctioning joystick. Some models' joysticks don't use switches for detecting button presses, but instead have a hard plastic skirt that presses against a plastic membrane and causes contact between conductive material on the membrane. I repaired these joysticks by disassembling the sticks, using a multimeter to determine the problem spots on the membrane, and applying some conductive ink to said problem areas. Ever since, the sticks work fine.

Overall, the console is very easy to take apart, I have a lot of fun with the games (short play cycles, colorful graphics, and some interesting history with the developers of some of the games), and there are some cool add-ons (The Voice module, the Chess Module [Videopac only]). Also, there is an easy to install (if you know basic soldering) mod for getting composite video out of the O2. Pre-made boards can be found on eBay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...