IGNORED

Introducing Colecovision Addict.com

Kamshaft

How would you categorize games that can use, but do not need certain hardware?

E.g. a game that has an extra level when the SGM is present?

Or a game that can be played with normal controllers, but using a Super Action controller offers more options (e.g. in Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2, there is a level, where you have 4 gun turrets; with the Super action controller you can fire from all 4 at all times, with the normal controllers you fire always from the topones (unless those are already destroyed, when it switches to the lower towers)).

Philipp

How would you categorize games that can use, but do not need certain hardware?

E.g. a game that has an extra level when the SGM is present?

Or a game that can be played with normal controllers, but using a Super Action controller offers more options (e.g. in Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2, there is a level, where you have 4 gun turrets; with the Super action controller you can fire from all 4 at all times, with the normal controllers you fire always from the topones (unless those are already destroyed, when it switches to the lower towers)).

Philipp

Good question. It's open for discussion. I'm open.

You have Meteoric Shower by Bit Corp. listed in the prototype section, but it actually was a released game in CIB form by Bit Corp., re-released by Telegames as well as a built-in game for the Dina 2-in-1 and Telegames Personal Arcade.

You have Meteoric Shower by Bit Corp. listed in the prototype section, but it actually was a released game in CIB form by Bit Corp., re-released by Telegames as well as a built-in game for the Dina 2-in-1 and Telegames Personal Arcade.

So it's another official release? 140 official titles it is then.

Edited by Kamshaft

Looks great! Small issue is that when you are on a game detail screen and it has lots of screenshots, there is no way to advance back and forth manually, we shouldn't have to wait for the screens to switch on their own.

Windows PC using Chrome or Firefox.

Added! Enjoy! You can now scroll back and forth.

Edited by Kamshaft
  • Like 1

ROM Updates !

First, thanks to the hard work of the community members Ikrananka, NIAD and Pixelboy. I've updated over 60 rom files on the site! Everything from the Rom Update project version 1.2!

Second, I'm also finalizing the mass archive with all the rom file within it with three main categories. Legacy, Homebrew and Prototype. Test it Here http://www.cvaddict.com/roms/archive.zip

This archive will be automatically updated as new ROMs come out in the future.
Again, any feedback is appreciated.

• Like 1

The site looks great.

Please add more pictures, whether it be box covers, people's ColecoVision collections, promotional material from Coleco, trade shows, etc...

I especially like the hardware section. Text on one side and a nice big photo on the other.

I notice one of the screen shots of Time Pilot is from the arcade version.

As a future addition, perhaps the ability to click on the game's box cover to view a higher resolution version?

They are exactly the output resolution of the native Colecovision. Scaling would look , well ... scaled. I removed the ONE arcade shot that accidentally got in there. LOL

Edited by Kamshaft

The site looks great.

Please add more pictures, whether it be box covers, people's ColecoVision collections, promotional material from Coleco, trade shows, etc...

I especially like the hardware section. Text on one side and a nice big photo on the other.

It's coming.

They are exactly the output resolution of the native Colecovision. Scaling would look , well ... scaled. I removed the ONE arcade shot that accidentally got in there. LOL

Since so many of the games are arcade ports, why not show a labeled screen shot of original arcade games for comparison? Maybe create one image that has them side by side.

Since so many of the games are arcade ports, why not show a labeled screen shot of original arcade games for comparison? Maybe create one image that has them side by side.

That may happen. My main goal is to get everything in there first, then add "different stuff" - Good idea though....I was thinking of doing that from a video perspective.

Today, I added all the additional screenshots from NIAD's collection of the Legacy games. The site now has over 1200 screenshots! (1266 to be exact)

I can see how a person like NIAD could go a little stir crazy! ;)

Plus a few pieces of box art has been replaced too. 98% of the box is near perfect.

Enjoy!

Edited by Kamshaft
  • Like 2

I was thinking of higher-rez versions of the box art (when clicked).

The in-game image resolution looks fine.

I was thinking of higher-rez versions of the box art (when clicked).

The in-game image resolution looks fine.

Right now, anything over 300 pixels wide is really hard to get. Since I don't have any games in Box in order to scan myself.

With the help of some awesome people it will happen. But, 300 pixels wide is pretty good no?

Edited by Kamshaft

Right now, anything over 300 pixels wide is really hard to get. Since I don't have any games in Box in order to scan myself.

With the help of some awesome people it will happen. But, 300 pixels wide is pretty good no?

What you have there looks great.

Just thinking of "nice to have" items. Definitely not "must have" things, that's for sure.

• Like 1

I can see how a person like NIAD could go a little stir crazy! ;)

That's exactly why I have immersed myself into coaching my son's baseball team and looking forward to the weather finally warming up for good for some further summertime fun. Just need to recharge a bit, but I'll continue to help you in the meantime as much as possible.

• Like 1

I've added a handful of overlays. Games include Super Action Baseball, Super Action Football, Mouse Trap, Fortune Builder and WarGames. The overlays will only be meant for on-screen viewing only. More to come as I get them. Enjoy!

If you want to help me with ORIGINAL overlay scans, please send me a PM. Please scan at 600 dpi/ppi

Thanks!