IGNORED

TI-99 - How To Start A Programm - Help Needed

Schmitzi

Hi,

Do you need some help with starting programs from disk ?

Are you a bit desperate not knowing what file how to load ?

XB-AutoLoad ? OLD DSK1.tralala ? E/A-Option 5 ? E/A-Option 3 ? Load & Run away ?

Yes, I do need that help :)

Yes, I am a bit desperate :)

So, I just post it here.....

Thanks for any help.

• Like 2

Omniflop is the only way as far as I know and can be used with TI99-PC. You can find TI99-PC under the pc utilties directory on the whtech.com ftp site.

I know it will work with Windows 7 32 bit and earlier versions and for 64 bit i think there is some DLL files that may need to be updated. I have not done it on windows 8.

Your PC will have to support Single density floppy drives. Older PCs do, but I know it was getting harder and harder to find a motherboard with Windows 7 to support Single Density.

Chris

Edited by Cschneider

Go to wht and look for an older version of ti99-pc. That's what I use on my windows 98 based machine for my transfers. It runs out of dos and has served me well for many a year. I only have a 3 1/2 drive on the pc, would love to find a backpack 5 1/4 drive to hang on it for transfers.

Hope this helps. Where did you find omnidisk?

Ralph

Hi,

here you will find my backup of both actual versions, with some PDFs for more help.

Be aware, if using OmniFlop for WIN64, there is a change for the installation, in contrast to the WIN32-instructions.

In OmniFlop, you just have to change the drivers for Floppy-Controller and Floppy-Drive in Win-System-Manager,

and then you can use the GUI for formatting, reading and writing TI-Disks :)

NEVER use HD-floppies, ONLY use DoubleDensitiy-disks (!!)

ftp://u67140205-atariage:TeXasTI994A@toxic-instruments.com/_PROGS.bak

The original source for all of this great tool is here:

http://www.shlock.co.uk

• Like 1

This is a very good idea for a thread. I want to extend Web99 to have the possibility to store information like this as part of every TiFile Document. The connection to a certain TiFile will be done via Hash of its Binary. The fields shall be editable from TI-99 & from Windows and can be shared worldwide. Just imagine a "HowToUse" Field. Of course this needs to be entered once manually (but not by everyone). But the good thing is, you have that information automatically next to every disk that features the same program (hash comparison). And you will get the entered information from other Users. Another field will be a pointer from the TiFile Program to the Documentation TiFile. So, if you have the program on Disk A, and the Documentation on Disk Z, you will have a connection between those two files. And get that data on your TI-99 screen, when you actually need it. There will be meta data fields that will be auto-populated like (TI-Basic, XB, Assembler,... instead of only seeing PROGRAM for Filetype)

• Like 2

Hi,

here you will find my backup of both actual versions, with some PDFs for more help.

Be aware, if using OmniFlop for WIN64, there is a change for the installation, in contrast to the WIN32-instructions.

In OmniFlop, you just have to change the drivers for Floppy-Controller and Floppy-Drive in Win-System-Manager,

and then you can use the GUI for formatting, reading and writing TI-Disks :)

NEVER use HD-floppies, ONLY use DoubleDensitiy-disks (!!)

ftp://u67140205-atariage:TeXasTI994A@toxic-instruments.com/_PROGS.bak

The original source for all of this great tool is here:

http://www.shlock.co.uk

My PC with the 5.25 Floppy Disk will not run OmniFlop as its a Win98 machine, According to the website I have to use OmniDisk. My main Win 8.1/ Win 10 machine doesnt even have a Floppy Connector.

Go to wht and look for an older version of ti99-pc. That's what I use on my windows 98 based machine for my transfers. It runs out of dos and has served me well for many a year. I only have a 3 1/2 drive on the pc, would love to find a backpack 5 1/4 drive to hang on it for transfers.

Hope this helps. Where did you find omnidisk?

Ralph

I found Omnidisk on the same site as OmniFlop located here...

http://www.shlock.co.uk/Utils/OmniFlop/OmniFlop.htm

• Like 1

One of my former steps to get 5.25 and 3.5er floppies back, was to build a some older PC/mainboard with floppyconnector.

As it only had a 3.5"-drive, I mounted a 5.25" in addition, made fine cabling and all this stuff, installed XP,

and proudly baptized "him" "PC-Vintage"...... the I recognized that the board has a floppy-connector, yeah,

but that the BIOS only supports ONE drive :-o

OK, as we have eBay today, I shot an Asus P97L, and now I have PC-Vintage2 with both drives back,. :P

I build it without harddrives, but with 2 Addonics IDE-2-CFcard-adapters,

and now I can plug in different CF-Cards (32MB up to 32GB) to have Win95/98,

WinXP, DOS3.1, DOS3.3, 4.01, 5.0a, 6.12, Novell 3.12/3.20 and all this fine things ;-) ;-)

Working on older DOS-versions now.

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 2

I he PC-Vintage2 with both drives back,. :P

I build it without harddrives, but with 2 Addonics IDE-2-CFcard-adapters,

and now I can plug in different CF-Cards (32MB up to 32GB) to have Win95/98,

WinXP, DOS3.1, DOS3.3, 4.01, 5.0a, 6.12, Novell 3.12/3.20 and all this fine things ;-) ;-)

Working on older DOS-versions now.

Hi,

as AA is horrible for fotostories, also not editable, I made it again on Facebook. Please also see the comments next to each photo.

TI99 - The Old TI-Copy Machine:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.380789232113036.1073741860.326551627536797&type=3

Teaser:

post-41141-0-91932200-1433014475_thumb.jpg

post-41141-0-08387600-1433014485_thumb.jpg

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1