IGNORED

Can you burn Sega CD games with one iso?

nintendolover0620

So I have been on a Sega cd burning frenzy lately and I was wondering can you burn a game with just one iso file and no mp3s? Because the other games I burnt (Sonic CD, and Mortal Kombat) had one iso and many mp3 files. Btw the iso works on a emulator. Also the tutorials I was following is this: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fatariage.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F130255-tips-on-burning-sega-cd%2F&ei=bIBmVeb_IobQtQXnwYKAAg&usg=AFQjCNE4f4JeuWrZ0VItwuK-Pip4bUeuqg&sig2=RO76O7BX2MAf32VIRSSKEA&bvm=bv.93990622,d.b2w

burn it and see what happens. worse thing that can happen is you waste a disc, but if it works in an emulator its probably fine. maybe it was ripped made with a different method. The reason those rips have audio converted to mp3s was to keep them smaller. I have some rips that are bin/cue files that work fine when burned.

burn it and see what happens. worse thing that can happen is you waste a disc, but if it works in an emulator its probably fine. maybe it was ripped made with a different method. The reason those rips have audio converted to mp3s was to keep them smaller. I have some rips that are bin/cue files that work fine when burned.

Thanks I will try!

Bin/cue seems to be easier to manage than messing with iso/mp3 files. When bin/cue's are made, all of the audio track data is burned into the bin file so no mp3s are generated separately. The cue tells the burning software which tracks to burn the audio data onto.

I guess people used to upload ISO and mp3 files instead of bin/cue because it allowed them to split the files and upload them separately. But with today's high internet speeds that method seems obsolete now. I think you could also replace the audio tracks with different tracks if you named the files correctly though.

• Like 1