IGNORED

Bad Joss!

Anyone remember "bad joss" from Taipan?

Anyway, after I posted my apple II for sale on craigslist and then decided it was too complicated to sell it (long story)

I thought I would renew my interest in the apple II by purchasing more 5.25" floppy disks! I bought 9 boxes of generic disks for a great price. But after making 50 game disks using ADTPro I started testing my work. Over half of the disks were bad, they did nothing when i booted them, but i had received no errors when making them.

Moving forward, I am planning on downloading Raspple II and using it as a game server with my Raspberry Pi.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, it is possible that they were pre-formatted, the generic boxes don't say much. However, I would think if that was the case, none of the 50 disks I created would have worked? fortunately, i bought them from a reputable company that has been in business since '84, and when i let them know what had happened, they refunded my money.

yes, it is possible that they were pre-formatted, the generic boxes don't say much. However, I would think if that was the case, none of the 50 disks I created would have worked? fortunately, i bought them from a reputable company that has been in business since '84, and when i let them know what had happened, they refunded my money.

I would have tried taking a Magnet to them, then trying to format them with the Apple ][...

It's possible there just New, Old Stock.

MarkO