IGNORED

How accurate are the Mega Man and Mega Man X compilations for the PS2?...

I want to say there are quite a few differences on the X collection. X3 is the PS1/Saturn version of the game from what I understand (FMV and all). Supposedly X1 runs too fast? I never really noticed as it's been a while since I have played it. A friend that's really into Mega Man was telling me about all sorts of differences, but I can't name them off the top of my head. For the price it's still an amazing compilation.

The ending credits are different in The Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Mega Man 7. In the SNES version Mega Man is shown walking with Wily's skull castle being burned down with the credits rolling on the side then everyone gathering for a photoshoot. In the anniversary collection port the screen is black with the credits scrolling and no photoshoot either.

I want to say there are quite a few differences on the X collection. X3 is the PS1/Saturn version of the game from what I understand (FMV and all). Supposedly X1 runs too fast? I never really noticed as it's been a while since I have played it. A friend that's really into Mega Man was telling me about all sorts of differences, but I can't name them off the top of my head. For the price it's still an amazing compilation.

Yeah, especially if you want to buy the games individually. They're REALLY expensive!

• Like 1

Mega Man 1-8 will cost over $500-$550 individually and Mega Man X1-X-6 will run $400-$450. Almost $1,000 altogether!! You will pay about $25 for the 2 compilation discs altogether. I remember when they released the anniversary collection they were going to release the Mega Man Anniversary Collection Game Boy series to be released on the Game Boy Advance but it never happened.

I remember when they released the anniversary collection they were going to release the Mega Man Anniversary Collection Game Boy series to be released on the Game Boy Advance but it never happened.

I am still kinda bummed this never happened. They were going to add color to the games as well. :(

• Like 2

I am still kinda bummed this never happened. They were going to add color to the games as well. :(

Here is the reason via wikipedia. I forgot all about it was going to be an all color scheme.

A Game Boy Advance version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection was also in development and was originally due to be released concurrently with the GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 incarnations. The game, originally announced asMega Man Mania, was to feature the five original Game Boy Mega Mangames, as well as a history section and artwork gallery.[5] The game had its release date pushed back several times, with the delay rumored to be caused by Capcom lacking the games' originalsource code.[6] In January 2006, gamers contacting Capcom were told that the game had been placed on "indefinite hold". Capcom also began issuing refund checks to those who had ordered the game directly through their online store.[7] Around the same time, several retailers, such as GameStop, declared the game "cancelled" and issued refunds or store credits.