IGNORED

Edutainment

budz2355

So my daughter is 3, and loves Early Learning Fun. (<--the game, edit for caps) She is great with counting and shapes and numbers and colors and okay with letter. However she is too little to handle math or spelling.

Can anyone recommend any programs? I saw a preschool IQ builder tape on ebay that might fit the bill. Also if any programs are downloadable that would be awesome! (Then I don't have to remove XB 2.7)

Edited by budz2355

There are loads of edutainment titles for the 4a and the good thing is-Nobody seems to want them and they can be picked up for next to nothing on Ebay, things like Story Machine, Face Maker etc are good for young kids, the Scott Foreman titles are also really good and seem to be largely compatible with the speech synth.

There are loads of edutainment titles for the 4a and the good thing is-Nobody seems to want them and they can be picked up for next to nothing on Ebay, things like Story Machine, Face Maker etc are good for young kids, the Scott Foreman titles are also really good and seem to be largely compatible with the speech synth.

Ideally I would like to spend nothing :) Anything available in the FTP site that can be recommended?

Also, thank you for the recommendations. I had Face Maker as a kid myself!

Attached you'll find two .dsk files - the one named sssd I cobbled together with some programs I had. The other intitled tcub is on that the Tigercub (Jim Peterson) had put together back in the day.

They are Extended Basic and Console Basic - some require speech.

Hopefully you have the means to convert to a real SSSD disk and can enjoy them with your daughter.

-Ralph...

tcub.dsk

SSSD.dsk

As I keep finding SSSD here ... is anyone actually still using SSSD (apart from original disks)? I'm asking because I thought that at least since mid 80ies, the standard format for the TI is DSDD, when all those disk controllers became available, ranging from Corcomp over BwG, Atronic, to Myarc. I remember that I bought a DSDD controller as soon as the first one showed up to get rid of that slow, low-capacity TI FDC.

If many people still used single density, I'd better post SSSD-formatted image files as well (been using DSDD till now).

[Edit: Single density images are, of course, slower to read and write in MESS, due to the FM recording at 125kBit/s, so this has a visible effect.]

Edited by mizapf

Attached you'll find two .dsk files - the one named sssd I cobbled together with some programs I had. The other intitled tcub is on that the Tigercub (Jim Peterson) had put together back in the day.

They are Extended Basic and Console Basic - some require speech.

Hopefully you have the means to convert to a real SSSD disk and can enjoy them with your daughter.

-Ralph...

Awesome! Yes I can get them onto disks on my ti!

As I keep finding SSSD here ... is anyone actually still using SSSD (apart from original disks)? I'm asking because I thought that at least since mid 80ies, the standard format for the TI is DSDD, when all those disk controllers became available, ranging from Corcomp over BwG, Atronic, to Myarc. I remember that I bought a DSDD controller as soon as the first one showed up to get rid of that slow, low-capacity TI FDC.

If many people still used single density, I'd better post SSSD-formatted image files as well (been using DSDD till now).

[Edit: Single density images are, of course, slower to read and write in MESS, due to the FM recording at 125kBit/s, so this has a visible effect.]

I use two original full height 5.25" floppy drives (one in a custom enclosure) both running from the original ti disk controller. Both 40 track so I assume sssd?

As I keep finding SSSD here ... is anyone actually still using SSSD

Unless the files exceed the limit of a standard 90K SSSD, it's more of a courtesy for compatibility with others.

Some users still run vanilla P-Box systems, other have different formats. I myself an unable to use a DSDD disk image, I have to use Ti99Dir and move the files into a DSSD 80 track format image.

In the end, no matter what format you use, everyone can read a SSSD diskette, so it's like the 'UNIVERSAL FORMAT' for the TI.

• Like 1