IGNORED

the secret government waffle project

New version:

- reverted back to the fire button to start a new game.

- replaced the snail and bomb icons with syrup and jam. Since there doesn't appear to be a BROWN color in the INTV palette, I had to go with an icky green color for the syrup. They can't have brown, yet you can choose from several icky green colors? The syrup slows them down and the jam gets rid of all the waffles on the screen.

Questions:

- Can you get the controllers out of an INTV 2? Or are they hardwired in? I was going to see about getting an INTV controller to USB port thing like I did with my NES controller, but there wouldn't be any point if I can't.

you can use sears intv, intv 2, and the flashback controllers without an adapter. The ultimate pc interface comes with adapters for the intv I, intv III and super pro system controllers.

OK, I can't get the controllers unplugged in my only INTV, an INTV 2. So do I have to buy a flashback? Are the Flashback controllers USB ports or something?

I made a minor change: After you eat a waffle, it showed up again immediately, making a pattern to eat the waffles. I changed this.

OK, I can't get the controllers unplugged in my only INTV, an INTV 2. So do I have to buy a flashback? Are the Flashback controllers USB ports or something?

I made a minor change: After you eat a waffle, it showed up again immediately, making a pattern to eat the waffles. I changed this.

the controllers should unplug. The flashback controllers are a 9 pin d-sub connector like the intv II. You need to either buy the ultimate pc interface from intellivision.us or another intv controller to usb adapter. I recommend the ultimate pc interface as it does several controllers.

How much is it? Their website doesn't say...

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/interface/interface.php

its $62 + shipping. And if you need to save some money, i can send you a flashback controller to use.

EDIT: corrected the price. Should be $79 with shipping included in the u.s.

Edited by pimpmaul69

sgwpdtst.rom

how did you play? I did it on jzintv with an intellivision controller and the controls were a jittery freezing mess. Impossible to play. It seems not all the 16 directions arent implemented properly.

Try this ROM on your setup. I tested it on a real machine and it handles diagonals much better. It slightly favors diagonals because I didn't put in the predictive heurists but you shouldn't see the stuttering.

It did point out that on my controller 1 I can't hit SSE as I roll around 360 degrees, but can on controller 2

sgwpdtst.rom

New version:

- reverted back to the fire button to start a new game.

- replaced the snail and bomb icons with syrup and jam. Since there doesn't appear to be a BROWN color in the INTV palette, I had to go with an icky green color for the syrup. They can't have brown, yet you can choose from several icky green colors? The syrup slows them down and the jam gets rid of all the waffles on the screen.

Now that you have the newest version of IntyBasic:

1) This is a one player game, so you can change all CONT1 statements with CONT, this will allow the player to use either controller, especially if controller 1 is worn out.

2)Change the diagonal code

if argh=22 or argh =20 or argh= 6 THEN manposx=manposx+1 : manposy=manposy-1  : legtimer2=legtimer2+1
if argh=28 or argh=24 or argh=12 then manposx=manposx-1 : manposy=manposy-1  : legtimer2=legtimer2+1
if argh=25 or argh=9 or argh=17 then manposx=manposx-1 : manposy=manposy+1  : legtimer2=legtimer2+1
if argh=19 or argh=3 or argh=18 then manposx=manposx+1 : manposy=manposy+1  : legtimer2=legtimer2+1

This will do something for every one of the 16 controller positions. It isn't perfect but will work good enough on read hardware and prevent the stuttering Pimpmaul69 saw

3) Replace the last 3 card definitions to update the machine animation.

Rem machine moving parts
Machine1:
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11110000"
BITMAP "11110110"
BITMAP "11110110"
BITMAP "11110000"
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11111001"

machine2:
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11110000"
BITMAP "11110110"
BITMAP "11110110"
BITMAP "11110000"
BITMAP "11111001"

machine3:
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11111001"
BITMAP "11111000"
BITMAP "11110000"
BITMAP "11110110"
BITMAP "11110110"
BITMAP "11110000"

sgwpdtst.rom

Try this ROM on your setup. I tested it on a real machine and it handles diagonals much better. It slightly favors diagonals because I didn't put in the predictive heurists but you shouldn't see the stuttering.

It did point out that on my controller 1 I can't hit SSE as I roll around 360 degrees, but can on controller 2

sgwpdtst.rom

works great now. :) Now it needs to be applied to the latest version. This one still make waffle pattern when eating them. I believe he fixed in his latest version Edited by pimpmaul69

As far as the syrup when i was chatting with groovybee i thought he mentioned a way of stacking 2 grom cards to create another color. I could be wrong though as i had this conversation a while ago

Edited by pimpmaul69

So just a thought. As the intv brotherhood loves bacon which i mentioned earlier, is it possible to use bacon instead of a 10. The 10 is kinda out of place. And we need a game to finally come out with bacon and this one seems the most fitting for bacon.

As far as the syrup when i was chatting with groovybee i thought he mentioned a way of stacking 2 grom cards to create another color. I could be wrong though as i had this conversation a while ago

You can overlay MOBs on top of each other (they have a display order) or overlay a MOB (or more) on top of a GROM/GRAM card to make it more colourful but you can't overlay GROM/GRAM cards on another one without using a MOB.

The only way to make the syrup 2 colours would be to have a pre-shifted GRAM card and then overlay a MOB on top of it. To keep GRAM usage down you'd want to align the syrup to an 8 pixel boundary. Or reprogram the GRAM on the fly as a 2x2 grid.

Or take mob 6 and switch it to the power up along with 7 when the power up becomes active, checking first that 6 isn't on the screen as a waffle, also enhance the collision code to be aware of whether 6 is a waffle or currently part of the two layer power up.

I don't think I would want to stop the normal progression of the power up just for a better color, do I? And would it work like a flickering thing? I don't see how it wouldn't and I'd like to avoid flickering. After all, this IS the INTV. And I hope you're hungry for bacon, since it's in the game right now. Eat up!

You are using an older version. I know because I changed the "cogs" of the machine. I thought I fixed it so the power ups went under the machine like the waffles do.

this is from the newest version you posted with corrected directions. Waffles dont duplicate when using the fork in this version Edited by pimpmaul69