IGNORED

Doom 2

whaleform

Yes, It's for real. To answer your question, Yes, It will be new new rom modeled after the jag doom for compatibility but allowing for new features such as guns, enemies and in-game music. As far as performance, "aiming for the moon", The odd(but cool) object processor will be taken advantage of as much as possible due to the systems low ram. One of my main concerns is pulling off the transfer from the cd without the game constantly giving a "load" screen during play of any given level. I will have to match the the ram usage with the read speed of the cd-rom closely because the levels themselves (each level) will be larger than 2mb. IN game "lock" for a few seconds and then the game resuming play as normal is a major concern.

Yes, It's for real. To answer your question, Yes, It will be new new rom modeled after the jag doom for compatibility but allowing for new features such as guns, enemies and in-game music. As far as performance, "aiming for the moon", The odd(but cool) object processor will be taken advantage of as much as possible due to the systems low ram. One of my main concerns is pulling off the transfer from the cd without the game constantly giving a "load" screen during play of any given level. I will have to match the the ram usage with the read speed of the cd-rom closely because the levels themselves (each level) will be larger than 2mb. IN game "lock" for a few seconds and then the game resuming play as normal is a major concern.

Just don't let a load screen interruption deter you from the project. I would love to have this game even with load delays. It was the norm of the era anyway; I remember plenty of Saturn, PSX and 3DO games having freezes in play to load in new data. I don't know why Jaguar programmers are so concerned with this issue.

Just don't let a load screen interruption deter you from the project. I would love to have this game even with load delays. It was the norm of the era anyway; I remember plenty of Saturn, PSX and 3DO games having freezes in play to load in new data. I don't know why Jaguar programmers are so concerned with this issue.

How hard is it to stream the levels on the fly with the Jag CD hardware anyway?. Playstation games like Soul Reaver featured huge levels with no load times, due to this method, right?. From what i understand, there are a lot of quirks with the Jag plus CD unit configuration, so, is something like that posible?

onalok, excuse the question since i know nothing about coding, but how does the Object Procesor on the Jaguar, help with the little amount of RAM on the system?

Edited by sd32

The object processor basically, well it allows multiple instruction to be on one line thus using less (or the same) amount of space in ram. I hope i'm explaining this well enough, although i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm not. lol. And yes, after the initial load of each level, it will be running on-the-fly. That is what I meant by closely matching the transfer from the cd-rom. And yes its possible, one of the big concerns at Atari during the cd-rom development was for it to have the ability to load on the fly. I hope this answers your questions and thanks for your interest in my project. I do have a "day job" so replies may lag sometimes. Feel free write/ask as you wish.

• Like 1