IGNORED

Marc Benioff

He is using the same playbook today - define a framework and run it into the ground :) - I played alot of his games way back, but they essentially are the same engine with different storylines. I played through a few of them last year for some fun. They are pretty slow so in some parts I ran the emulator in full speed to navigate :D

There is one adventure of his which is huge - you start in a cemetary. I havent had the patience to work through that one. You can die easily so I cant do the full speed on it.

• 7 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I am currently read all of the new topics and comments myself by hitting the unread content button or next unread topic button etc... thing is I wrote many of these NEW comments and topics myself a year or more ago, I start reading and say dejvu, then oh look there is my old post responding to or showing a reacting to emoji. Clearly we've been here and done this yet the forum is still showing me this new content that isn't new at all.

@Albert I know I can simply mark all as read or some such thing, but I worry there is something amiss that could start ticking along in a way it shouldn't.

6 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I am currently read all of the new topics and comments myself by hitting the unread content button or next unread topic button etc... thing is I wrote many of these NEW comments and topics myself a year or more ago, I start reading and say dejvu, then oh look there is my old post responding to or showing a reacting to emoji. Clearly we've been here and done this yet the forum is still showing me this new content that isn't new at all.

@Albert I know I can simply mark all as read or some such thing, but I worry there is something amiss that could start ticking along in a way it shouldn't.

There's probably a table in the database called something like 'ReaderViews' which doesn't get ported across when the software is updated or changed. It is probably a massive table that needs clearing down from time to time also. That is just my guess from being a dev myself.