3. Enduro

4. Cosmic Commuter

5. Pressure Cooker

6. HERO

7. Ice Hockey

8. Pitfall

9. Spider Fighter

10. Seaquest

I have a "love/meh" relationship with Activision games. The good games are really, really good. My top 10 Activision games would be in my top 20 overall, maybe even my top 15, but most of the rest of their games I have no real feelings about either way. They aren't really bad games for the most part, but they aren't games I'm going to get a jones to play any time soon.

I haven't checked the prices of HERO lately, but I noticed it popped up several times in a "What's the most you've paid" thread. It's like a perfect storm of quality and rarity. Players who don't normally spend collector prices on rare games (a lot of which are pretty bad) will pay the higher price for HERO because it's one of their favorite games.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1

1. Pitall II

2. River Raid

3. Pitfall

4. Megamania

5. Ice Hockey

6. HERO

7. Keystone Kapers

8. Barnstorming

9. Grand Prix

10. Sky Jinx

Does anyone know anyone that bought Bridge originally? As a young kid I had no interest in that whatsoever, but did anyone have some parents that were avid Bridge players that picked this up?

Also, how did Activision's Checkers compare with Atari's? I never picked that one up either.

I'd have to imagine that unless you were an avid Bridge or Checkers players these would be among the bottom tier of Activision's games.

• Like 1

1. Pitall II

2. River Raid

3. Pitfall

4. Megamania

5. Ice Hockey

6. HERO

7. Keystone Kapers

8. Barnstorming

9. Grand Prix

10. Sky Jinx

Does anyone know anyone that bought Bridge originally? As a young kid I had no interest in that whatsoever, but did anyone have some parents that were avid Bridge players that picked this up?

My question is as good as yours. I don't own both of them. I liked shooters, arcade ports, paddle games, and adventure games for

Also, how did Activision's Checkers compare with Atari's? I never picked that one up either.

I'd have to imagine that unless you were an avid Bridge or Checkers players these would be among the bottom tier of Activision's games.

I don't own these 2 games myself either. For the 2600 I liked arcade ports, adventure games, shooters, and paddle games. Never cared for video board games. I believe both of them were released in 1980 when Activision started releasing their brand games. If I wanted to play checkers I'd rather play a real game with someone.

Activision definitely made some of the best games of all time. They were visionaries in this industry.

Here's my list in no particular order:

Frostbite

Stampede

Pitfall

Pitfall II

Pressure Cooker

Freeway

Seaquest

Decathlon

Starmaster

Ice Hockey

Also, I do own both Checkers and Bridge, mostly just for completion's sake. And yes, they would probably rank near the bottom of the list, but I do play them every now and then. The actual checkers in Activision Checkers have a slightly more 3-D look to the pieces than the Atari version.

• Like 1

An aside, I just now realized I have H.E.R.O. The sad thing is I'm not sure I've played it or where I even got it from. Now do I keep it and play it or do I sell it since I could really use the $$$? Lol!!!

You need to give it a try first before thinking about selling it. That is one of the funnest 2600 games and is so addicting. Hence why it's not only my favorite activision game, but also my favorite 2600 game of all time. I think you will keep it after giving it a ago :-) But it's your decision nonetheless.

Does anyone know anyone that bought Bridge originally?

My mom bought it BITD but I don't recall her actually ever playing it. And since I didn't learn how to play Bridge until at least 10-12 years later, I probably didn't do much with it either. I'm not sure if one of the copies I have is the original that she bought in 1982 or 1983 or not...

My Activision Top 10:

1: River Raid

2: H.E.R.O.

3: Robot Tank

4: Megamania

5: Starmaster

6: Pitfall II

7: Fishing Derby

8: Seaquest

9: Pitfall!

10: Stampede

• Like 1

Is really no one for OINK?

Oink is an ok game but not one of my favorites. It is a good concept based on the 3 little pigs. Sometimes the pig doesn't respond when I push the button to drop the bricks. But game variation 3 is great when one plays the pig and the other the wolf is a great touch. Decent but not great in my honest opinion.

Edited by Retrogamer81081

Looking through all these lists; unless I missed something, there's absolutely no love for Private Eye!

I've never really given Private Eye a chance but it's on my list of games to get more play this summer. I hadn't played Spider Fighter before last week either but was blown away by how much fun I had with it!

Pleasantly surprised how many people like H.E.R.O. and how low Pitfall gets ranked overall; looks people prefer the superior sequel.

Shocked that no one has mentioned Double Dragon!!! I love that game. Must be the only one.

Here's mine:

1. Pitfall II

2. H.E.R.O.

3. Frostbite

4. River Raid

5. Enduro

6. Double Dragon

7. Keystone Kapers

8. Decathlon

9. Pressure Cooker

10. Tennis

Pleasantly surprised how many people like H.E.R.O. and how low Pitfall gets ranked overall; looks people prefer the superior sequel.

Shocked that no one has mentioned Double Dragon!!! I love that game. Must be the only one.

Here's mine:

1. Pitfall II

2. H.E.R.O.

3. Frostbite

4. River Raid

5. Enduro

6. Double Dragon

7. Keystone Kapers

8. Decathlon

9. Pressure Cooker

10. Tennis

Here's mine:

1. Pitfall II

2. H.E.R.O.

3. Frostbite

4. River Raid

5. Enduro

6. Double Dragon

7. Keystone Kapers

8. Decathlon

9. Pressure Cooker

10. Tennis

Never gave Double Dragon for the 2600 a try. I will have to load it up on my emulator. I played the heck and beat the NES version, but never played it on that, The Master System, or the 7800. And btw. Welcome to Atariage!! :)

My top list for the 2600 is almost all Activision anyway, and it begins with HERO. I actually played HERO for the first time on the C64. I played that version a lot as a kid, but I never got through level 20. It was only after discovering retro-gaming that I even knew the game was made for the 2600 and it blew me away. We had a 2600 growing up, and I just couldn't imagine a game as good as HERO being on the system. Truly impressive.

1. HERO
2. Megamania
3. Seaquest
4. River Raid
5. Beamrider
6. Pitfall 2
7. Frostbite
8. Kaboom!
9. Spider Fighter
10. Chopper Command

I have very good memories of Pitfall, but I just don't think the top 10 lists needs both it and its sequel.

• Like 1