IGNORED

Found a Magnavox CD-I for $2!

You should definitely get some games with this bad boy. Contrary to what most people think, it has some really good games for it. Thee apprentice, Plunderball, Pac-panic, Tetris, Hotel Mario, Braindead 13, Burn cycle, Ram Raid, Mutant rampage: bodyslam amongst others. Braindead 13 is one of the BEST full motion video games I've ever played. The death animations alone warrant a purchase. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaTTI2qyT4Y

Edited by TheObscureGamer

I wonder how many of these are skipped over by people in thrift stores because they think its a normal CD player.

Thats what i was thinking. I usually look close at these thing though because you never know. The word "Interactive" gave it away for me. No regular cd player would have that on it.

Great find. Picked one up myself recently. Avoid the pricey Mario/Zelda games and instead go for:

Burn Cycle

Voyeur

Tetris

Tropic Thunder

Chaos Control

Mutant Rampage

The 7th Guest

Lemmings

The Apprentice

Kether

Alien Gate

These can all be had for $10-$30 apiece if you take your time.

I like my CD-i quite a bit. It has some very apparent limitations, but it's an interesting part of video game history. As a beat-'em-up lover, I dig Mutant Rampage: Bodyslam, even though it lacks two-player support, the music cuts out during sound effects, and the controls aren't really precise. It just has a lot of interesting character designs, plus it has the notorious, hilariously bad animated cut scenes.

I like my CD-i quite a bit. It has some very apparent limitations, but it's an interesting part of video game history. As a beat-'em-up lover, I dig Mutant Rampage: Bodyslam, even though it lacks two-player support, the music cuts out during sound effects, and the controls aren't really precise. It just has a lot of interesting character designs, plus it has the notorious, hilariously bad animated cut scenes.

Defintely a part of game history. My main reason for hanging onto it. I'll eventually own most of the systems ever released. It'll be interesting to see this thing in action.

Defintely a part of game history. My main reason for hanging onto it. I'll eventually own most of the systems ever released. It'll be interesting to see this thing in action.

I find the CD-I a novelty to own simply because it's a unique and interesting part of gaming history. It has a crazy amount of different models, accessories and pieces of software--some of which is still being discovered today for the first time. This keeps the system interesting from a historical point of view as well as intriguing for collectors. As far as it being interesting from an actual gameplay perspective, well.. that's unfortunately another story all together.

• Like 3

I find the CD-I a novelty to own simply because it's a unique and interesting part of gaming history. It has a crazy amount of different models, accessories and pieces of software--some of which is still being discovered today for the first time. This keeps the system interesting from a historical point of view as well as intriguing for collectors. As far as it being interesting from an actual gameplay perspective, well.. that's unfortunately another story all together.

Go ahead , say it . It's a steaming ... :rolling: