IGNORED

Another small game: IntyPak

Hi everyone.

I've been working in this for some days using IntyBASIC.

I was thinking in naming it "Rev in Cmart's lair chasing Spiker copies" but at the end I choosed IntyPak :)

You'll recognize immediately a common theme here ;) but it's a sample that I want to include in IntyBASIC to show some basic algorithms like movement in a labyrinth and enemies chasing player.

post-30245-0-59738700-1433390055_thumb.gif

Click to animate

intypak.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It won't work for me. The title screen appears and it says "PRESS BUTTON" and before I do anything, it runs by itself, but won't accept input.

I am trying to run a ROM compiled and assembled from the BASIC source.

- dZ.

P.S. If I run the ROM included in the ZIP file, it works. Why are the binaries different when I compile myself?

Edited by DZ-Jay

Hi everyone.

I've been working in this for some days using IntyBASIC.

I was thinking in naming it "Rev in Cmart's lair chasing Spiker copies" but at the end I choosed IntyPak :)

You'll recognize immediately a common theme here ;) but it's a sample that I want to include in IntyBASIC to show some basic algorithms like movement in a labyrinth and enemies chasing player.

attachicon.gifintypak.gif

Click to animate

Great first try. As someone who implemented Pac-Man on the Intellivision (you know the story, right?), I can offer a few suggestions on improvements, if you'd like. :)

It won't work for me. The title screen appears and it says "PRESS BUTTON" and before I do anything, it runs by itself, but won't accept input.

I am trying to run a ROM compiled and assembled from the BASIC source.

- dZ.

P.S. If I run the ROM included in the ZIP file, it works. Why are the binaries different when I compile myself?

Update: I just realized that it doesn't compile correctly, it has strange errors. Perhaps my version of the compiler is outdated.

Update 2: I've updated to the latest version of IntyBASIC and now the game works as expected.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Great first try. As someone who implemented Pac-Man on the Intellivision (you know the story, right?), I can offer a few suggestions on improvements, if you'd like. :)

I've read the story of Christmas Carol :)

I'll be glad to read your suggestions also you're free to improve over my code.

Update: I just realized that it doesn't compile correctly, it has strange errors. Perhaps my version of the compiler is outdated.

Update 2: I've updated to the latest version of IntyBASIC and now the game works as expected.

Yes, it uses the latest CONT syntax to check for the two controllers at same time.

I've read the story of Christmas Carol :)

I'll be glad to read your suggestions also you're free to improve over my code.

Yes, it uses the latest CONT syntax to check for the two controllers at same time.

Great! I'll take a look at the code this week-end and see if I can include the "cornering" feature and controller heuristics.

That way, the code can serve as an example of a 4-way maze handling routine as well. :)

• Like 1

Great! I'll take a look at the code this week-end and see if I can include the "cornering" feature and controller heuristics.

That way, the code can serve as an example of a 4-way maze handling routine as well. :)

BTW, about different binaries, I've used the TITLE feature of IntyBASIC to include game title in the ROM file.

I liked the original title better.

I didn't. But then, I've worked with and gone to school with folks that fell in the demographic that might've taken it the wrong way. Make it Polish themed and spell it Paczki. ;) They're round after all. Who could get offended at a pastry?

• Like 1