IGNORED

Avoid Ebay seller mtmonks AKA monksmedia

Blazing Lazers

I recently left what might be my first ever negative Feedback for a seller on Ebay. The following seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/monksmedia?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

...had a boxed copy of Spike for the Vectrex listed as complete with free shipping for only $34.99. Seemed like a good deal, so I bought it. It was shipped in an undersized, plain brown bubble mailer with no padding whatsoever, and was therefore crushed in transit. It arrived in far worse condition that the listing pictures showed. I also noticed there was no plastic tray inside the box either, meaning wasn't actually a complete copy. The listing neglected to mention that. I sent a message to the seller and waited for a response that almost two weeks later has yet to arrive. I urge anyone thinking of buying anything from this seller to look elsewhere, especially for boxed games.

Can add reply to that remark "Description did not warn tray not included"

He did say

If it is pictured, IT IS INCLUDED in the sale

and the tray isn't pictured. Still bad imo to call it complete when it's not complete. That's like selling a "complete" car and forgetting to mention steering wheel isn't included.

• Like 1

I recently left what might be my first ever negative Feedback for a seller on Ebay. The following seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/monksmedia?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

...had a boxed copy of Spike for the Vectrex listed as complete with free shipping for only $34.99. Seemed like a good deal, so I bought it. It was shipped in an undersized, plain brown bubble mailer with no padding whatsoever, and was therefore crushed in transit. It arrived in far worse condition that the listing pictures showed. I also noticed there was no plastic tray inside the box either, meaning wasn't actually a complete copy. The listing neglected to mention that. I sent a message to the seller and waited for a response that almost two weeks later has yet to arrive. I urge anyone thinking of buying anything from this seller to look elsewhere, especially for boxed games.

I bought the Starhawk & closly looked at images

I thought it was priced fairly reasonable I was hoping the inner tray & overlay sleeve was there but it wasn't

I haven't left feedback as of yet , the "if it's pictured it is included" line keeps me from outright leaving negative feedback ....

I haven't contacted this member but he did take the time to show everything that was included ... his other listings did show an inner tray

mine also arrived in a bubble mailer , I've received other Vectrex titles WITH the inner tray like this & hasn't been a problem it was difficult to tell if mine arrived in poorer condition from the pics in listing there were creases in the box & also showed an inner flap missing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291464139458?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

IMO it should just say "boxed" in the title or "with box"

anyone have any spare trays ?

Idiot sellers. I have no prob with loose games being shipped in bubble mailers, but if it comes complete in box, it should be shipped in a box.

I had a dispute with a seller Pedro Games once who sold me a Tengen Tetris CIB with the Nintendo Tetris manual. I was pissed. Ended up losing the case because "contents matched the photo." Only left negative feedback once in my life. I don't know if he got it removed or not. I would have dropped it but the D-bag profanely cussed me out in his email correspondence and even suggested, "You should consider suicide." Totally unprofessional.

Edited by stardust4ever

Seems as though the negative Feedback got the sellers attention after he ignored the earlier communication. Within an hour of him being neg'd, he sent me the following message:

Hi pal, just figured I'd message you to enlighten you on how wrong you are in regard to a couple of your perceived issues with the transaction:
1) "The game is not complete because it is missing the plastic tray." The plastic tray is not an essential attribute of the game being considered "complete." In other words, that means that if you take the plastic tray away, it is still considered complete. To make more sense of this, I invite you to conceive of an instance where we took the manual and/or box away. Because these are both essential attributes, the game would no longer be complete. You see this idea instantiated by sellers like myself when we make distinctions between "CIB," and "100% CIB." On top of that, the description clearly states, "If it is pictured, it is included."
2) The shipping was fine because the game's box was already worn and flimsy. However, it was still shipped with enough bubble protection to make sure the damage would not be worsened.

I'll allow it to speak for itself. Avoid this clown.

Seems as though the negative Feedback got the sellers attention after he ignored the earlier communication. Within an hour of him being neg'd, he sent me the following message:

I'll allow it to speak for itself. Avoid this clown.

My first thoughts were....

Also, I absolutely detest sellers who ship "Rare" cardboard boxed games in bubble mailers. I now send a note with my payment stating:

"Please ship this Rare game in a box. I need it to arrive in the same condition pictured. Shipping it in a bubble mailer WILL result in negative feedback."