IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 21 = Star Voyager

note:

to keep our scoring system consistent & fair I'm thinking we should consider the maximum score for Star Voyager to be 570.

so far we've been considering a rollage at 1,000,000 to be the max. score for Yars' or at 10,000 for Frogger, etc.

so, the max. count of shot down ships here would be 100. then multiplied & added to the portal bonus --

100x5 + 70 = 570

so this would mean adjusting voodoo_chilly's score of 600 to "570 (ROLLAGE)"

... does that sound right to everyone?

• Like 2

10. Hyperboy 300

11. karokoenig 292

12. Dauber 281

13. SpiceWare 228

14. keilbaca 237

MoomUnit 237

16. Scrabbler15 217

Spacey Invader 217

17. LidLikesIntellivision 211

19. Nathan Strum 194

20. ReflectionAngle 172

You have the scores correct, but SpiceWare should be in 15th place with 228.

keilbaca and I should be tied for 13th with 237.

@ Mods: Do you see the TV color variation (and possibly PAL/NTSC screwups) as a problem? If yes, here's my suggestion: Don't count the number of portals passed and just use the *5 multiplier. This would of course make comparisons in the HSC statistics difficult, but at least the No. of kills can be easily identified on any screenshot, no matter how bad it might be.

yeah, the color variations could be a small problem. not only the variance in TV's, but from one Atari to another the colors displayed can vary. Some 2600 machines have really deep colors, others kind of dull. I also have a Junior machine that shows really nice colors but they are all different colors than normally displayed on most machines. Colors can also vary from one emulator to another. when I use Z26 instead of Stella the colors all look a lot different.

I think we need to count the portals though so for this one I guess we just have to trust ourselves to pay extra attention to make sure we get that right.

note:

to keep our scoring system consistent & fair I'm thinking we should consider the maximum score for Star Voyager to be 570.

so far we've been considering a rollage at 1,000,000 to be the max. score for Yars' or at 10,000 for Frogger, etc.

so, the max. count of shot down ships here would be 100. then multiplied & added to the portal bonus --

100x5 + 70 = 570

so this would mean adjusting voodoo_chilly's score of 600 to "570 (ROLLAGE)"

... does that sound right to everyone?

I think that's a good idea, although it's certainly strange to have a score like 570 be ROLLAGE.

If we employ a (kill/portal/score) scoring system, then it would be (100 ROLLAGE / 7 / 570).

That way, the ROLLAGE part would make more sense to someone who is not intimately familiar with Star Voyager's system.

(It also allows for the possibility that someone would get 100 kills without going through all the portals.)

Edited by MoomUnit
  • Like 1

170 Lt.

24x5 = 120

5 portals x10 = 50

post-34560-0-22566600-1434241537_thumb.jpg

finally getting some shooting skills...

(It also allows for the possibility that someone would get 100 kills without going through all the portals.)

yikes

i had a feeling there was a glitch in my thinking there.

so you roll it THEN finish it to get the max. score. :ponder:

I guess we better just call it a max score. 570.

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

Your number of portals passed through is shown by the color of the border around the edge of the screen, as follows:

1 Portal -- Blue

2 Portals -- Gray

3 Portals -- Yellow

4 Portals -- Orange

5 Portals -- Green

6 Portals -- Violet

7 Portals -- Pink

0 Portals -- Blue

1 Portal -- Gray

2 Portals -- Yellow

3 Portals -- Orange

4 Portals -- Green

5 Portals -- Violet

6 Portals -- Pink

7 Portals -- Blue (again)

Edited by MoomUnit
  • Like 1

post-40055-0-77458100-1434302577_thumb.jpg

OK, I'm a little lost on the math too, so someone check my work -- but I shot down eleven of those damn ships, went through three portals. @5 points per ship and 10 points per portal, I think it's:

(11 * 5) + (3 * 10) = 55+30 = 85

Which seemed much better before I added it up. I had an exhilarating experience rushing for the second portal -- my energy had hit 00, but serendipity allowed that I'd already shot all the enemies down when the portal came up. I can only assume that if I'd pressed the "fire" button by accident I'd have declined past zero and it would have all been over, without this smashing score of 85 for the history books.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifP_Jun14_093617.JPG

OK, I'm a little lost on the math too, so someone check my work -- but I shot down eleven of those damn ships, went through three portals. @5 points per ship and 10 points per portal, I think it's:

(11 * 5) + (3 * 10) = 55+30 = 85

Which seemed much better before I added it up. I had an exhilarating experience rushing for the second portal -- my energy had hit 00, but serendipity allowed that I'd already shot all the enemies down when the portal came up. I can only assume that if I'd pressed the "fire" button by accident I'd have declined past zero and it would have all been over, without this smashing score of 85 for the history books.

Your math is spot on.

And you can't fire at all when your energy is 00, so you can't kill yourself. (Been there; done that.)

I have no idea how the math works, but I got 18.

I can't stand this game.

It looks like your border is green, which means you went through 4 portals.

(18 kills x 5) + (4 portals X 10) = 90 + 40 = 130.

And since your score is in the 112-143 point range, your rank is four chevrons.