IGNORED

Atari 7800 Pre-Orders

Curt Vendel

Hi,

I've gotten lots of emails, facebook messages, and AA PM's

Please DO NOT send these to me.

When I announce its time to ship pre-orders, a website has been set up.

You will submit your name, address, order # and copy of payment email/receipt and this will all go into a single database for me to manage shipping everyone's orders out to current addresses and such. I am not keeping emails, pms and such with information you are sending me, its too much to try and handle, I will only take updated information through the website entry page I've set up. So please do NOT send me your order info and address information until you are notified and you go to the website entry page.

Thanks.

Curt

• Like 12

I know there's been a decent amount of criticism on this project, having read back into the history of it, and as much as having a Central DB of orders for it is a fantastic idea.... this particular approach seems a bit flawed.

It almost sounds like you've lost the original orders and are putting the onus on the customer to fix that issue. That could have some really bad results, especially if customers have also lost their info, or heaven forbid, if someone tries to pull a fraud.

Saying you need some help from the customers to round out your shipping list because of address changes and such is one thing. Putting the entire responsibility on the customers to do your work for you likely won't end well.

How many orders was it? 150? 200? Thats really only about 4hours of work in Excel to organize.

Not to speak for Curt, though I am in fairly regular contact with him in the various Atari FB groups, he's said numerous times and in numerous places that once pre-orders are all accounted for an more or less in-work, he will begin accepting new orders for $149. Last he said, about a month or so ago, that would be no earlier than mid-summer or so.

Personally I don't have a pre-order so I'm just waiting/watching along with everyone else who didn't jump in early.

I sold 183 XMs in pre-order. I made a run of 500 plastics and nameplates. I don't think more than that will be sold. So there will plenty available.

New orders will be taken once I ship all the pre orders. Plenty of notice will be posted ahead of time... A few weeks notice and this will give everyone a chance to get one.

Curt,

Same question as AtariBuff - I'm late to the party on this but would like to order. Is this still possible?

• Like 4

I sold 183 XMs in pre-order. I made a run of 500 plastics and nameplates. I don't think more than that will be sold. So there will plenty available.

New orders will be taken once I ship all the pre orders. Plenty of notice will be posted ahead of time... A few weeks notice and this will give everyone a chance to get one.

Ok great. Thank you for the response Curt. Really looking forward to this :-)

Awesome. Can't wait to snag one. Not going to pre-order, with 300+ left it should be easy enough to grab one.

You can't pre-order. Pre-orders ended a long time ago. THOSE pre-orders (183 of them) will be shipped out and THEN all the rest of us who either didn't pre-order (like me) or missed that first window of time will be able to order units.

Luckily I used Gmail as I'm not sure I'd have managed to save the confirmation email via other email clients or methods as I've had 2 different ISPs since then.

For anyone else searching for theirs, try searching emails around October 1, 2010. I preordered as soon as I could so presumably most of the original preorders would have been from that time.

Luckily I used Gmail as I'm not sure I'd have managed to save the confirmation email via other email clients or methods as I've had 2 different ISPs since then.

For anyone else searching for theirs, try searching emails around October 1, 2010. I preordered as soon as I could so presumably most of the original preorders would have been from that time.

Additionally the email will be from "Legacy Engineering Store" if that helps anyone. :)

I'm pretty well screwed then.

This was what, 4 years ago that I placed the order.

My email has changed twice since then, I have changed bank and dont keep records for 4 years

What a mess

• Like 2

No worries Mimo...

I just ask for order# or receipt if no one has their order info. I have your order on file.... this is just to get everyone's updated mailing information and contact info so they can be notified of the shipment, get the tracking # and it goes to the current address.

• Like 3

Rallying some 'Delta Force" assistance on several things... hoping they respond favorable and last two hurdles can be overcome. I'm feeling confident that these people will accept and pitch in. More details to follow shortly, sorry for being so cryptic... those in the know understand everything I'm saying.

Curt

• Like 9

Wow! I didn't know this existed until reading this thread and hitting the link Albert provided. Looks very exciting, Curt. I know its been years in the making, but thanks for sticking to it, as it is people like you and the homebrew community that let's us all keep our classic systems humming 30+ years after their release! I am hoping to place an order after you are completed with the pre-orders...that box art looks fabulous! :-D

• Like 1