IGNORED

Really, I don't TRY to have problems...XB27 & Boot

PeBo

OK, first of all Gazoo/tursi and all the other olf farts involved, thank you for the 060715 version of the XB2.7 "Upgrade Kit". Nothing could be easier (and safer?) to use. It works flawlessly without giving stupid folks like me access to stuff we shouldn't have access to (GROMCFG).

Boot works exactly as advertised with the upgrade.

Sort of.

The « C » menu item refuses to bring me to the Extended Basic 2.7 prompt. The screen just goes blank then goes back to Boot (please say I'm not the only one). That's with lowercase « c ». With UPPERCASE « C » my console just locks up.

All the other cyclable « C » GROM entries work fine, only XB2.7 fails.

If I use the little assembly program XB27Menu (thanks Gazoo, that's brilliant) everything is kosher.

Am I maybe using the wrong version of Boot??? (sorry I'm finding so many variants and mods, I've lost track of which one was the final one recommended.)

OK, first of all Gazoo/tursi and all the other olf farts involved, thank you for the 060715 version of the XB2.7 "Upgrade Kit". Nothing could be easier (and safer?) to use. It works flawlessly without giving stupid folks like me access to stuff we shouldn't have access to (GROMCFG).

Boot works exactly as advertised with the upgrade.

Sort of.

The « C » menu item refuses to bring me to the Extended Basic 2.7 prompt. The screen just goes blank then goes back to Boot (please say I'm not the only one). That's with lowercase « c ». With UPPERCASE « C » my console just locks up.

All the other cyclable « C » GROM entries work fine, only XB2.7 fails.

If I use the little assembly program XB27Menu (thanks Gazoo, that's brilliant) everything is kosher.

Am I maybe using the wrong version of Boot??? (sorry I'm finding so many variants and mods, I've lost track of which one was the final one recommended.)

BOOT was designed for the PGRAM+ card. When used in that environment, it works perfectly. I had that particular setup on one of my TIs for quite a few years.

I've discovered that the Ubergrom cart behaves slightly differently than the Pgram, and slightly differently than the HSGPL card. So not all the "C" choices are going to work with every Grom device, that's just how it is. ... unless someone sends me the commented BOOT source code, Then maybe all can be fixed... ;)

Guhzue

• Like 2

...So not all the "C" choices are going to work with every Grom device, that's just how it is...

Guhzue

While I'm sure that is the case, in my case is was something far more common in my home (stupid user error)

Like not removing the XB autoLOAD from DSK1, so that everytime I tried to drop to XB2.7 from BOOT, it simply re-autoloaded BOOT, giving the impression that XB2.7 would not load, when it was indeed loading exactly as it should, by autoLOADing from DSK1.

The epiphany came last night when a rather heavy manual was sitting on the space bar as I selected XB2.7 from « C » (bypassing the LOAD file)

A little embarrassing to say the least, but just in case there are other stupid people out there (OK, maybe not AS stupid) thought I'd share.