IGNORED

Problem with Ninja Golf cart

Mystemo

Last week I finaly got around to purchasing an Atari 7800 console. Of course I also had to get one of my favorite game on the system, Ninja Golf.

However when the game arrived today and I tried to play it all I got was a scrambled picture and a beeping sound. Some times I can get the title screen to appear but the beeping sound is always there and the game is frozen so you can't do anything.

I tried cleaning the cartridge but the problem is still the same. The system is PAL format and I'm pretty sure the game is too since it has the black "P" sticker on the back.

Do you think the game is broken or could there be something else wrong?

Last week I finaly got around to purchasing an Atari 7800 console. Of course I also had to get one of my favorite game on the system, Ninja Golf.

However when the game arrived today and I tried to play it all I got was a scrambled picture and a beeping sound. Some times I can get the title screen to appear but the beeping sound is always there and the game is frozen so you can't do anything.

I tried cleaning the cartridge but the problem is still the same. The system is PAL format and I'm pretty sure the game is too since it has the black "P" sticker on the back.

Do you think the game is broken or could there be something else wrong?

Does it look similar to any of these captures?

post-18-0-90799200-1434545389_thumb.pngpost-18-0-47920900-1434545392_thumb.pngpost-18-0-64771300-1434545394_thumb.png

If so, you likely have NTSC Ninja Golf running under the PAL console.

The A/V mod shouldn't have any bearing. The 2600 cart wouldn't test the Maria (7800 graphics) chip. The fact that Asteroids plays fine is a positive indicator that the console is good, but the cart could be either wrong region or/and defective.

However, having another 7800 game to test would reassure it is indeed a problem with just that Ninja Golf cartridge and not every 7800 cart being read by the system.

Some carts can be more sensitive to a dirty cartridge slot than others, so another good cleaning of the cartridge contact, along with cleaning the cart slot of the console, may be needed.

• Like 1

My 7800 plays about half of the 7800 games I own. Asteroids, hockey, tower toppled, galago, ms pax man, a few other work fine. Mario, dk, baseball, one on one all freeze up either on the title screen or 5 seconds into playing. Never figured it out. One day I'll buy a new 7800 to see if it's the system. Good luck.

My 7800 plays about half of the 7800 games I own. Asteroids, hockey, tower toppled, galago, ms pax man, a few other work fine. Mario, dk, baseball, one on one all freeze up either on the title screen or 5 seconds into playing. Never figured it out. One day I'll buy a new 7800 to see if it's the system. Good luck.

Hmm, interesting. Guess I'll have to buy one of those games to check if they work on my system. I was planning to buy Mario and DK eventually anyway.

• 2 months later...