IGNORED

TI Sports game

Asmusr

xdt99 comes with a command-line tool called xvm99, which allows transfer of disk images to nanopeb/CF7+ devices, and it works beautifully on my Mac. I understand the command line might be off-putting to some (I love it personally), but at least there's a way to make it work without booting a windows or Linux PC.

• Like 1

I have turned my sports demo into a very simple joystick waggling game. Post your best times here...

I love these types of games :). Just gave it one try via js99er.net and I got 0:23:43 (or thereabouts) using the arrow keys. I haven't tried any further, because my colleagues were already looking at me strangely ;).

I'm very, very tempted to make a joke about agility of the wrist and the sort of training exercises that one would do to get said agility... I won't though, I don't wanna be a wanker about it... :grin:

*ducks and hides*

Edited by TheMole
  • Like 1

I'm very, very tempted to make a joke about agility of the wrist and the sort of training exercises that one would do to get said agility... I won't though, I don't wanna be a wanker about it... :grin:

*ducks and hides*

But the TI sticks are so small so surely you can't be comparing it to that?

... oh, now I see. :grin:

• Like 1

By each day I get more respect of what Rasmus_M, ehm

li   r1,Rasmus
       SLC  r1

Asmusr-M pulls out of his hat. Progress is going slow on my SIMON game, while Asmusr-M keeps on presenting new things as if it were nothing! AWESOME!

• Like 3

By each day I get more respect of what Rasmus_M, ehm Asmusr-M pulls out of his hat.

Total agreement! He's single handedly created so many 'new classics' that it blows the mind. Decades from now, future TI'ers will say no game collection is worth a damn without "The Rasmus Collection", which by then I imagine will be pretty substantial.

• Like 1

Do you have any idea what it would take to make a full track and field game?

I think you'd need to add a couple of extra events (Hurdles, Long jump, High jump, Javelin throw, ... would all work with basically the same scrolling engine, if you want to change it up skeet shooting and/or biathlon should be easy to do with static screens), and a competition mode that perhaps supports multiple players (not necessarily at the same time though, this is a high score type competition) and a couple of CPU contestants.

The best time you could theoretically achieve in this version is 15.46 sec. To obtain that you need to waggle the stick exactly every 4th video frame, i.e. 1/15 sec. So you still have about 1.60 sec left to improve my record. Come on you wankers!

DAMMIT! This SUX!

I have the day off tomorrow, so it looks like I'm gonna have dig into the closet and pull out the old 'TI hand wreckers' and see what I can do. Because 19.75 is the best I can obtain with my joystick. Now personally, I think it's because (ahem) I'm 'not practiced' in the 'requisite hand movements' as some of you guy's ...

post-35324-0-38044800-1434780403_thumb.jpg