IGNORED

CRT RGB colour problem

mattll

Hi, I've got a JVC BM-H1400PN broadcast monitor. I created a scart to RGBS adapter and the picture seems to come through OK. However the whites are grey and the picture is very dark until I put up the brightness and contrast up. The colours look off and there's ghosting, everything is fine on component or composite.

73orrc.jpg

What is the video source?

European Snes scart cables have capacitors inside. I think Megadrive ones might have them too.Gamecube ones have resistors (which is why you can't use a snes cable on a gamecube and shouldn't use a gamecube one on snes without modding.)

I think that your video output is too powerful, either from the console, or your monitor expect lower levels.

Ghosting might happen because of this too if you used too thin wires and/or used a common ground (or wired one only) .

What is the video source?

European Snes scart cables have capacitors inside. I think Megadrive ones might have them too.Gamecube ones have resistors (which is why you can't use a snes cable on a gamecube and shouldn't use a gamecube one on snes without modding.)

I think that your video output is too powerful, either from the console, or your monitor expect lower levels.

Ghosting might happen because of this too if you used too thin wires and/or used a common ground (or wired one only) .

Hi CatPix, thank you for your reply.

I've got a PAL mega drive 2 plugged in.

There's 75 ohms on each input on the monitor, These were switched to open in the picture before.

2s6tzzk.jpg

When they aren't open, the issue with the colour remains. I upped the contrast and brightness otherwise it's too dark. See the whites are grey :_( .

It was my first time soldering anything so could it be down to that? I used separate grounds for each.

Edited by mattll